Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Strange problem on MPC3000 w/ SR 790 when power up from display panel stapler cycles

Quote Originally Posted by delosangeles View Post
    Really something shorted on the control panel, please elaborate. Thanks.
    You said that the problem starts when you turn the machine on from the control panel (display) but not from a workstation. i.e. if the power switch is shorting when pressed it may be bringing a certain voltage level down that is also being fed to the SR.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    You said that the problem starts when you turn the machine on from the control panel (display) but not from a workstation. i.e. if the power switch is shorting when pressed it may be bringing a certain voltage level down that is also being fed to the SR.
    From both turning on at the machine or if a print job is sent from a workstation. When the copier auto turns off (it has the fax option so no one ever really turns it off completely) and a user goes up to it and presses the "On" botton it lights up and the SR790 begins to do all it's Home Position Checks the Stapler Unit however does not stop for at least 10 to 15 times back and forth.

However if a job with stapling is sent from someones computer or right at the machine and a copy job with stapling is started the machine will perform the jobs with no jams or problem in fact once the job is complete the stapler will no longer cycle back and forth Until it Auto Shuts Off and someone turns it back On. Strange huh, what do you think?

Thanks for your help
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Strange problem on MPC3000 w/ SR 790 when power up from display panel stapler cycles

How about if you turn the machine on at the main switch on the side of the copier, does it still go crazy then?. If so , then I would suspect the BICU (start-up sequence). If not then the trail leads back to the conpane power switch, which may, it self be shorting or the wiring from the switch or the connector at the conpane, but something to do with that switch circuitry. Good luck

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

E Winter
    Since this is not a major issue I'd be interested if this symptone has been ocured since the initial installation. The SR790 exists since a while and I know that the first reveisions with an older firmware may work buggy with newer machines. I also don't know how old the other finisher is you've used for testing. You can't update the finisher over the machine via SD-Card - it has an good old Eprom on it's circuit.

Maybe you have a chance to borrow an eprom of a "new" SR790 for testing. Otherwise I could provide the SR790 firmware file but you'll need to have access to an eprom writer.

If this is definetly a new issue you can forget the finisher firmware of course.

I hope you didn't test the other finisher with the same stapler cartridge?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    How about if you turn the machine on at the main switch on the side of the copier, does it still go crazy then?. If so , then I would suspect the BICU (start-up sequence). If not then the trail leads back to the conpane power switch, which may, it self be shorting or the wiring from the switch or the connector at the conpane, but something to do with that switch circuitry. Good luck
    With the main swith it goes crazy less frequent most start-up sequence finish with no problem. I will recheck the machine taking in account your input. Thanks

Differant cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    Since this is not a major issue I'd be interested if this symptone has been ocured since the initial installation. The SR790 exists since a while and I know that the first reveisions with an older firmware may work buggy with newer machines. I also don't know how old the other finisher is you've used for testing. You can't update the finisher over the machine via SD-Card - it has an good old Eprom on it's circuit.

Maybe you have a chance to borrow an eprom of a "new" SR790 for testing. Otherwise I could provide the SR790 firmware file but you'll need to have access to an eprom writer.

If this is definetly a new issue you can forget the finisher firmware of course.

I hope you didn't test the other finisher with the same stapler cartridge?
    I did not use the same cartridge but I could use a eprom writer for this occasion and the future where did you guys get yours from? Thanks for your help.

E Winter
    We got the file from the ricoh tech support via mail - usually you have to buy a new eprom but we had some problems with a customer and needed this update asap so they helped us out. Right now (17:12 local time) I'm at home so I can look after the file on monday, probably first thing in the morning.

The tool

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    We got the file from the ricoh tech support via mail - usually you have to buy a new eprom but we had some problems with a customer and needed this update asap so they helped us out. Right now (17:12 local time) I'm at home so I can look after the file on monday, probably first thing in the morning.
    Thanks but I meant the Erprom Writer not the firmware, I dont need the firmware, I can also get it. I'm just crurious where you got the tool.

Have a good weekend