Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Unhappy color registration on ricoh 2232c

Hello,I am having a problem with the colors registering on a ricoh 2232.I normally can fix any problems with this machine,but I have tried everything.we ended up calling a tech, but he could not find the problem. The salesmen where he works wants to sell us a new machine so I do not think they were that serious about fixing it.Is there anything to look for,also there is a ticking noise coming from the paper feed area that seem to start about the same time as the registration problem.I took everything apart to look for broken gears, belts, etc. Any help would be appreciated. also there are no sc codes.

E Winter
    Does the color registration looks different "out of range" if you compare the leading with the trailing edge?

I recall different color registration issues in combination with "unhealthy drive sounds":

- a faulty transfer unit ("best case" is the black roller at the paper entrance of the transfer unit, worst case is the need of a new transfer unit)
    - a faulty color drum drive

This issue can end up in a bottomless pit very quickly and due to the age of this machine there are other potential issues waiting (toner pumps....). I don't know what the tech has tried but it isn't stupid not to cross the line where it comes to expensive parts.

Assuming all PCU & dev units are ok, make sure ITB sensors behind fuser are clean, also remove transfer belt & thoroughly clean upper roller (so you can see you face in it!).
    If colour registration still wont complete then I would start looking at laser assy.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    color registration on ricoh 2232c

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

E Winter
    ....or get these manuals 4free - just ask in the right sub-forum