Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh 3260c

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    So are there witness marks on the paper or does it just time out? What jam sensor does it show at?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    in the log from i think number 8? trans snr 1 all the way to (hmm i forget now) but 22? it shows paper late....i also tried to clear those by clearning the jam log..turning off the machine and back on but they were still there..then next time i went in..i had a newer tech with me that accidentally cleared system memory and now i have to figure out how to get the password back in(they had the copy screen password protected and now it shows to enter a code but no codes seem to work). Also before that happened another tech was having me check smc reports and clear..except when i executed..they all said failed. I am not super familiar with all of the tech rep in this machine and was going by this guys help who has been a ricoh tech for 25 years..however he can be difficult to get ahold of and even with his help and suggestions from other techs and another ricoh tech i took with me previously...this machine is still down. Are there any sensors known to go bad that would cause this?or mechanical parts? and even though the guy that sent me the exit assembly claimed it was working and new...the spring that attaches to the solenoid plunger was missing..i am sure it is necessary..i temp blocked the black flag in the up position just to try to get 1 single side page through.

I've had issues with the sensors on the fuser beside the cleaning roller. Try running the machine until it jams, check the latest jam code, swap those sensors around (there are two the same, next to each other) and see whether the fault either disappears altogether or changes to a different sensor.

The sensors I mean are on page 114 of the service manual, item 3, part number AW010118.

ok.. i will do that. also do you know how i can reprogram the user pin code that they had in..right now it still asks for the code which was 7000# and now nothing i try seems to work.

User tools - system settings - administrator tools - address book. It's in there.

ok thanks! and running it til it jams should not be a problem, since at the moment no page makes it past the paper exit assembly (unit right past the fuser)

So once it has jammed, check SP7504 for the latest jam location and check it against page 5-142 of the manual

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    This may or may not help,but I had an intermittent jamming problem about 2 years ago and found the dc solenoid bracket assembly broken p/n B1327148.It is the arm of the assembly that was broken that acts as a stop (for want of a better word) for the juction gate that it actuates.you will find the part under paper exit 3 in the parts manual.The copier may work fine for 1000 copies and then jam.I can't remember anything more specific because I haven't seen it happen since and it was too long ago.It is worth looking at this because you can look at this assembly and not see the arm broken.Best of luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If you're going to take the exit section apart, here is a list of parts to have on hand.

07413706 BEARING 6X10X3 (order 6 each)
    B1327025 ROLLER TIGHTENER
    B1327028 PULLEY 15T
    B1327036 PULLEY 15T
    B1327048 PULLEY 13T
    B1327059 ROLLER TIGHTENER
    B1327080 PULLEY 37T
    B1327081 REVERSE ROLLER DRIVE
    B1327085 EXIT ROLLER
    B1327116 TIMING BELT T198
    B1327117 TIMING BELT T213
    B1327129 GUIDE PLATE
    B1327138 GEAR Z20
    B1327143 SPRING TIGHTENER
    B1327144 GEAR Z28
    B1327161 ENTRANCE ROLLER
    B1327162 PULLEY Z13
    B1327164 ENTRANCE GUIDE

The black guide you mentioned?
    Underneath that there is a roller and the shaft on the rear side of the machine along with the bearing are pooched.
    The metal entrance guide will be just about sawed through as well.

i already replaced that whole assembly...with no luck. Today i figured it out. I did not have the service manual with me but since i suspected the fuser exit sensor i decided to do a reg test where i put a piece of paper over the sensor(after the machine comes up ready) to see if it sees the paper or if the sensor is indeed open. Sure enough it did not see the paper so i swapped the sensor with the LPR wrap sensor...and the machine took off.then it jammed every 4th page..i looked and in the duplex drawer i found another spring off ..reattached and away she went. i wish i knew more of the setup things on this machine as i ran into a little of that again and do from time to time... but for now...Happy Ending. Check the photosensors...even without going into tech rep..remember we can do simple tests like laying a piece of paper over it to see if the machines sees it.(i realized this past week on a few calls..sometimes i made them more complicated than they were - keep it simple is the lesson learned) Thank you everyone who helped!