Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 50+ Posts

Aficio 350, Door open indication.

I have an old Aficio 350 machine. Its been well kept and serviced over the years and the customer doesnt want to part with it.
    The problem I have is that every few weeks it will give an intermittent door open error without actually indicating which door is open.
    I decided to change all the individual switches on both interlocks. The machine worked away fine but came back again after a few weeks.
    When a call is logged by the customer for this error, sometimes by the time I arrive the error has dissapered.
    I have seen the problem myself twice, but im not certain why the problem is so intermittent. Im also not sure how I am getting rid of the problem.
    All door switches have been metered and replaced. All wiring is fine.
    Just to clarify the machine can work away for weeks at a time without erroring.

E Winter
    Have you checked if the actuator-mechanics are pushing the door-switches poperly?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio 350, Door open indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    Have you checked if the actuator-mechanics are pushing the door-switches poperly?
    X2,
    You may not be experiencing all of the other issues listed below but the switches will be your problem. If they're not dirty/corroded then a weak actuation of one the switches (5v) may randomly make/break connection like Jan Sommer pointed out. You can try bending the actuators for better contact with the push plate but you'd probably be better off replacing them.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Open Cover Indication without indicating which cover is open, opening and closing of individual covers gives proper indications.
    [Cause]
    Dirty contacts on Upper Right Cover Safety Switches. Toner gets inside the Upper Right Cover Safety Switches, which can lead to lower DC voltage being applied to the Laser Diode. Which leads to:
    SC 990 eng_procon.c (when a normal Grayscale pattern was not detected 15 times consecutively during ID Sensor Grayscale pattern check) check with SP 7403 Service Code History look for Detail in history of SC 990.
    LD Power not being strong enough to be read by Laser Synchronizing Detector causing a SC 322 or 326 depending upon timing.
    5vdc not being fully applied to connector 403 pin 3 on the Laser Diode PCB causing an Open Cover Indication, or 24vdc not being applied fully to connector 107 pin 2 on the PSU PCB causing an Open Cover Indication.
    Circuit Explanation: 5vdc (VCCD)is output from connector 403 pin1 of the Laser Diode PCB where it travels through 2 of the Upper Right Cover switches than through 2 of the Front Cover Safety switches before being applied to connector 403 pin 3 of the Laser Diode PCB where it is now used to power the Laser Diode. Lower voltage on pin 3 leads to lower laser diode output which causes the machine to raise LD Power (SP 2-103) when maximum values are reached, laser diode output can not be increased further which can lead to SC 322, SC 326 and/ or SC 990 eng_procon .c. If the voltage drops too low an open door indication is sent to the BICU PCB but a signal is not sent to the IOB PCB which tells the machine which door is open.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Did you replace front door and right door switches with NEW parts??

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Make sure the laser interlock switches above the fuser are in the correct ORDER... Yes, it IS important!! (Use the p2p!).

Run a copy and simulate a jam. After the jam does the door open light or the jam(?) refuse to disappear unless you reboot?

Had this on a 2045 after a tech changed the switches (I think for SC322) and the fault returned once or twice a week for a month whenever there was a jam. REALLY annoyed the customer! Swapped the switches around and no more problem!

check your flat cable at machine laser unit. try to unplugged and fix it back , 99% can settle the door sign

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    If it has the hang on sorter, that door switch will cause exactly what you are experiencing also.