Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

developer spills

Lately i have been experiencing dv spills on af - 1075s,2075s,mp 7500s. the average count is 1 million to 1 1/2 million. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this normal? What you think is the cause? I somehow believe it is because of the use of Generic toners.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    It's perfectly normal. The seals wear out on the dev unit and mag roller allowing dev to leak onto the feed stations. We've been instructed to replace the dev seals every other dev change (approx 1.2m).
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    I make a pair of "Shields" from mylar or card and stick them to the frame below the reg unit to stop dev leaking onto the paper feed drive gears and motors. this prevents a whole lot of trouble, as usually, by the time you find the dev leak, you are getting major paper jams and have to rebuild all feed stations. I've seen the seals fail BEFORE the 600K PM on a new machine! (MP6000 using Ricoh toners!)

Technician
    Where is the dev spilling? out the back onto the feed drive gears or on the mylar in front of the drum

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbapst View Post
    Where is the dev spilling? out the back onto the feed drive gears or on the mylar in front of the drum
    Sorry i did not state it but it's bad dv bushing that causes the the leak, mainly the ones on the mixing shaft and sometimes also the shaft gets damaged, so it would still leak even if you put new bushings. in this case i would have to change the entire dv unit cause i can't find a part no. for the shaft.

I experienced the big developer leak thru these bushings on a MP5500, trashed all three feed stations. Was able to harvest feed stations from a R1060 and had to replace Dev unit. Apparently you can run the developer to long without replacing it, 1.2 mil. Probably would be a good idea not to run developer more than twice recommended pm interval.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    its requires for you to replace the dev.unit,the bushings are a temporal measure

Technician
    I replace the rear bushings every other dev change. Since I started doing that I haven't had a problem. I have several machines with over 3 million on the dev units.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    bbapst,gud tip,will take it up!

Technician
    Please, can you put the code number of parts to repair Developer Unit.
    If the developer leak into feed unit, can i repair this unit or i need replace this paperfeed unit.

Thank you
    Sorry my bad English