Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Savin C2525 green lines

I have a C2525 which is giving me green lines across color copies. I've replaced the color drums and transfer assy. Don't really know where to go now. We just took over this machine and aren't a Savin dealer. I have the manuals, but don't really have any more ideas. It also shows up on prints. Thanks for any help. Or maybe someone could just tell me how to make it catch fire without leaving any evidence.

E Winter
    test scan?

If these lines are appearing in an ~45degree angle you may have a bad DV unit. I know this issue from another machine series - I think the reason was a dislocated magnet inside the dev/mag roller.

Try printing discrete and solid cyan, yellow, magente and black pages to see wich unit is causing the problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Savin C2525 green lines

if you have a problem with green lines, you have a problem with the yellow and cyan unit. How much mileage have they? try to clean the charge rollers.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've had dirty optics cause green lines.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    if you have a problem with green lines, you have a problem with the yellow and cyan unit. How much mileage have they? try to clean the charge rollers.
    I would love to clean the charge rollers. I haven't been able to find it in the service manual. Like I say, I only have one of these machines and have a little trouble navigating the book.

Savin C2525 green lines

I would love to clean the charge rollers. I haven't been able to find it in the service manual. Like I say, I only have one of these machines and have a little trouble navigating the book.
    ok, this is easy to find, remove the yellow pcu and lay it on a desk covered with a soft cloth to prevent damage to the drum.
    turn the pcu 90 degrees, so that the side with the waste toner nozzle is on the downside. Look carefully to the underside, you will notice a little gap beneath the drum, insert carefully a screwdriver in it and release the two hooks, after that turn the charge roller assy upwards and remove it.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

JohnJay

Exclamation Solution

I have had this problem a few times. At first look, you would look to replace a PCU, simply because the drums in these machines many times do not reach it's full life or I have seen these drums go further than their life. 80K is what they are rated for. But for this problem, you have dirty optics. Clean the mirrors with a lint free cloth and if you do not have that, simply use toilet paper on the mirrors. You want to shine your flashlight on the mirrors while cleaning the mirrors, this is so you can see all of the dust. Take your time cleaning the mirrors.

Good Luck

And the winner is dirty optics. I had cleaned them already, but apparently on this one you have to REALLY clean them. Thanks for all the input. I'm still pretty lost on this one. I hope we get it replaced soon. Nothing against Savin, I just don't know them. Thanks again.

Savin C2525 green lines

Hmmm.. you said:

It also shows up on prints.
    this normally rules out the optics...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts turkeyfoot's Avatar
    You forgot to say whether this happens on a copy or a printed image. Thats the best way to divide and conquer. When you get your hands on a service manual you will find a process where you can print test charts in different colors. If you cant print to the machine, thats where you can determine where theres a color problem. If by chance youre color blind and see a light blue as green find where you can get your hands on a 10x lupe. Under magnification youll have no problem seeing the right color.

Check the scanner optical mirrors. Dry wipe with soft cloth. Saw this the other day. Interesting what a full color scan can do. The only way you get a green line on a "print" is if miraculously the cyan and yellow opc's streak in the exact area. Unlikely.