Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Re: MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by nathan91 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, kannuki2.
    new bearings is the best solution
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by taylinae View Post
    I am having this issue. I removed the corroded seal and used silicon grease and cleaned with a q-tip. works great....... for a few months..... The degraded seal is what is causing the lock and once the seal is out completely, it will work for a short while but then it will get packed with toner. I just got a call back for this MP 4001 and it has a DV unit lock again. My customer is a small business so they can't afford a whole new DV unit. I have decided that I am going to go in with a thin piece of rubber and an exact-o knife and grease to recreate the seal. I will let everyone know how this works tomorrow.

This was my old account but I wanted to follow up on this repair. It has been a few months now and the error has not reoccurred. I just went back to replace a web and checked how the paddle turned. It's turning like a brand new unit still! I hope to get the word out on this modification as it saved my customer a lot of money!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by bob marley View Post
    new bearings is the best solution
    Do you have this part number?

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Unhappy Re: MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

I've been waiting for an RTB on this for the last 6 months. It is a pity, we need to replace the whole development unit everytime this error occurs.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

I had this problem today on an MP 4002 the newer version so honestly they can say they fixed this way back in 2010 but its still a problem even on their newer versions of the same base machine.

They did put out a part number for the bearing only instead of replacing the whole developer unit.
    B0043059

rfg067020.pdf

Here is the TSB this is on the 4002 but its the same as the 4000 same parts, same problems.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Just ran into this problem today. Relatively new 4002 with around 160k on the counter. Still stiff as a board though. Cracked open the bearing and it's packed full of developer.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TayTayTheTechnician View Post
    This was my old account but I wanted to follow up on this repair. It has been a few months now and the error has not reoccurred. I just went back to replace a web and checked how the paddle turned. It's turning like a brand new unit still! I hope to get the word out on this modification as it saved my customer a lot of money!
    Can you give me some more info on this? I have three lower development units that are jacked up because of seized bearings. One is from a 4002 and only has like 160k on it. After taking the bearing out the end the the development paddle shaft jiggles around a fair amount. One seized so bad the dev motor ripped the gear right off the dev unit. Another one in the shop is seized for most likely the same reason. The one with the ripped off gear is of course dead but it would be nice if I could get the other two back to life.

Smile Re: MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Get this problem often on ricoh 4000 and 5000 series.
    Remove the developer unit from the machine. Remove rear paddle gear and add lubricant to shaft. With pliers grab the end of the paddle shaft and love it back and forth until it frees.
    Take the cover off the front of the paddle gears and lube the shaft behind the gears. Reinstall and restart the machine problem solved.
    This issue maybe occur with time because developer falls behind the paddle inbetween the bushing and make the paddle lock up.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by ShonRipz View Post
    Get this problem often on ricoh 4000 and 5000 series.
    Remove the developer unit from the machine. Remove rear paddle gear and add lubricant to shaft. With pliers grab the end of the paddle shaft and love it back and forth until it frees.
    Take the cover off the front of the paddle gears and lube the shaft behind the gears. Reinstall and restart the machine problem solved.
    This issue maybe occur with time because developer falls behind the paddle inbetween the bushing and make the paddle lock up.

The tech pup referenced above is actually a great one. I'd recommend following the instructions listed in the pub over mine as I actually used to use this pub when I worked for Ricoh, but for the life of me I couldn't find neither the tech pub or any mention of a replacement bearing.... Until now! It's easy to follow and lists the part numbers
    Attached Files Attached Files