Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Hello!

We've had ongoing problems with the dev units seizing on these bags of poo, throwing up SC324 errors. This isn't so much of an issue whilst the machines are under warranty (other than the inconvenience to the customers of course) but, once they are 12 months old, we begrudge paying through the nose for new units when there is obviously an inherent flaw in the design of these things.

Does anybody have any idea why this fault occurs and whether there are any preventative measures which can be taken to stop this?

Ta very much!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

E Winter
    SC324 is a problem with the Development Drive. I had this twice - in each case the DV unit was broken. It seemed that toner/dev spilled into the (front side) area housing and blocked the gears - probably a bad bushing-seal. All in all this is more a rare phenomen compared to the ongoing tonder/mag roller issues.

PM me if you need a service manual.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    The MP4000/5000 isn't the best machine Ricoh ever built but I've never seen an SC324 error on these machines. There are some issues with development units, but these result in dirty background on prints. I can't find any RTB's on this issue. Are you using the original toner?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Are you using the original toner?
    Yeeeees. Or, more accurately, no. To have never seen an SC324 is good going, we've had loads of them and we don't have too many machines out there thanks to the MPc range.

As far as the gears in the front of the dev unit go, none of the machines which I have been to have displayed a leaking of toner into this area, although TonerMunkeh did suggest this to me in the past. And so the mystery continues.

Regarding the quality issues, I've been using the B079 dev, toner and toner motor thing as per the suggestions here with good results thus far.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've seen this last week, I've got two machines at a hospital, both MP5000's that get absolutely caned. One showed SC324 within 400k, followed by either 220 or 222 (can't remember the exact one). The 22x SC was caused by the laster unit being drowned in toner, from the from of the dev unit leaking. The only fix, unfortunately, is replacing the entire dev unit. The only thing I can think of that would possibly help is completely cleaning the dev unit out, vac'ing and blowing out with air on every dev change. The modified dev units with the extra filters seem to help a little too.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

The diskribtion for SC 324 is

324 D
    Development paddle motor error
    The machine detects a lock signal error from the development puddle motor for 2 seconds
    after the drum motor has turned on.
    • Overload on the development puddle motor
    • Defective development puddle motor
    • Defective harness
    • Defective IOB

Thank you, however I know what the code is and how to fix it. I was after a way to prevent it from happening again.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, by the way!

E Winter
    I think you can't du more than swapping the entire dev unit. We have ~60 - 75 MP4000/5000 in the field and asfar as I recall this issue occure twice. Both machines didn't had a lot on the counter so I guess this is more a lack of quality-control during the production.

Re: MP4000/5000 SC324 Errors

Thank you all. Sc 324 for me today. Problem due to the bearing of the development group. Obviously not included in the parts catalog.