Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    My collegue just pointed out that the older firmware versions actually are available at Tessa... and when looking at it, it seems I've missed updating system copy to 1.24 which is the newest... that's weird though, I thought I was thorough when I did it earlier today... I'll double-check it.

Thanks for your help Jan, you've been extraordinary! And have a nice weekend, go easy on the booze
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

E Winter
    You're welcome - a mate is celebrating his 30's birthday so there might be some more booze than usual^^

Please get back to the thread I you have a fix or need more assistance. Maybe this is kind of an issue wich does only occure with specific combinations of different firmware-modules versions. In this case it should be fine if you update the missing parts to the most recent files.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Well it says that it is a new update from 14-10-2010 version 1.24 on system copy on tessa, but when i try to download it it says file not found. Thats aslo strange very very strange..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hmm, I just started up another MPC2800, brand new, that does the exact same thing as well. I compared firmware versions to yours and the difference is:

PCL, PCLXL, Scanner and Websystem where my machine is one release newer than yours. I'm going to try and downgrade Scanner and see what happens.

Edit: My mistake... this machine actually answers to the 1-2 sided auto margin setting... I've changed it to 0 and now the problem is gone. The MPC4000 still doesn't respond to it, but this means I most probably can solve the customers problem at least and worry about our machine later.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    You're welcome - a mate is celebrating his 30's birthday so there might be some more booze than usual^^

Please get back to the thread I you have a fix or need more assistance. Maybe this is kind of an issue wich does only occure with specific combinations of different firmware-modules versions. In this case it should be fine if you update the missing parts to the most recent files.
    Well then don't hold back, if you're gonna drink - go all in

I think I'll just drop this case for the weekend. I'm confusing myself with all the angles and approaches so the best thing would be to let it go and get back to it with a fresh perspective on monday morning. I believe a firmware update could solve the issue though. As usual, in the end!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Have you tried adjusting the front and back margin to 0? That is the top 2 settings in the photo. Also, try in SP mode 6006-3, adjusting your triking edge registration.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the front and back margin to 0? That is the top 2 settings in the photo.
    Yes. The problem isn't normal copies though, only duplex copies, and only the back side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    Also, try in SP mode 6006-3, adjusting your triking edge registration.
    I fiddled around with it yesterday a bit, as well as leading edge SP modes, but I couldn't really nail it. Using the SP modes, I can make it acceptable, but not at all satisfying. I might get back to this if the firmware upgrade / downgrade doesn't work on monday.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Okay, the problem is now solved!

In the end, I had to do an NVRAM reset of all data (5801-1). I tried updating firmware, setting all non-default SP modes to the same as both our working machine and Jans, rebooting a million times, setting SP modes to their defaults... you name it. I then tried uploading the NVRAM data to an SD card, but it kept failing time after time. I looked at the card contents after a failed upload, and there was a folder called NVRAM there, and a file with serialnumber.NVR or whatever the extension was that I can't recall now - it looked fine but still wouldn't upload data.

After consulting with my support, we concluded that something clearly was wrong with the NVRAM data. So I printed an SMC, made a copy of the address book and wrote down whatever I was unsure of. After the reset, all was fine and I could even enter the old settings and all was still okay. There is no explaination at all for the behaviour... some kind of software lockup I guess... the machine actually responds to the 1 sided > 2 sided duplex auto margin too, if I change the setting, after the reset.

Thanks everyone for your assistance - you're fantastic!

E Winter
    Glad you've finally sorted it out

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    [Assumed both copiers are showroom new machines ??]

Given the above assumption :
    What is the common link between these two machines the MPC 2800 and the MPC 4000 ?

With out sounding off beat. The only commonality is to check if it was the same Tech who run-up both machines ?
    1. Ask the Tech how he run-up both machines.
    2. Have parts been scavenged/swap from old machines into your new showroom machines.

GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••