Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Howdy Printsnow....
    Sounds very much like you have two stripped developer stirring gears(one coloured white, one coloured black) in the bottom section of the developer tank.
    You will have to purchase the entire bottom dev tank case as these two dev gears are attached as a
    sealed unit into the lower case. These gear become so thing and small in the mesh-teeth can flex and jump over(no-mesh) the top gears in the top section of the dev-tank. If you have no toner orga you will have no toner distributed through the tank and light copies after two or three days....

HTH
    GDM

Technician
    Thanks everyone, I am getting a whole PCU in Monday and hopefully it will take care of everything, hated to do that but I just want to get this thing overwith. I did put the Type 28 developer in it for the 2550. I will let you all know on Monday what the outcome is. Really appreciate all the help!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by printsnow View Post
    Thanks everyone, I am getting a whole PCU in Monday and hopefully it will take care of everything, hated to do that but I just want to get this thing overwith. I did put the Type 28 developer in it for the 2550. I will let you all know on Monday what the outcome is. Really appreciate all the help!
    iMind had a good point, but if you're a small dealer and all of your customers are on contract & you only have a few Tech's then there is no reason not to switch to the 1027 PCU's other than the cost maybe.

We rebuild 1018/2018 PCU's because they work and it's cheaper but you have to look at the lower dev gears when you're working on it or you'll be back soon and waste a load of dev.

Like I said, I gave up on PM'ing 3025 PCU's because of the undertoning problem and it made sense to use the cheaper transfer roller assy' from the 270/1027/2027's to match the PCU.

I have a hard time picturing an experienced tech mistaking a type 1027 PCU for a 3025 or 2550 PCU but it really wouldn't matter as "most" parts would fit anyways.

Technician
    Hey all, PCU seemed to take care of problem, thank you for all the posts!

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Nice too hear that, thanks for the feedback.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Technician
    Well, spoke too soon!!! Now we have light copies again and the toner isn't fusing to the paper! This thing is about to get used for target practice!!!

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Check the toner hoper unit take it apart and see if you have the four plastic seals in place, sounds like some of them may be missing not all because you say that you can force toner. Thats my idea
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    PrintSnow
    Do you have any samples before and after the new PCU ?

I'm assuming you are using a recon-PCU Ass'y or a completely new factory unit ?

No fusing is H/R pressure and temperature, unless you have developer jumping onto the page.
    Dev on the page gives the same effect as no fusing. Dev on the copy can be caused by a paper jam or someone or something reversing the dev tank.

If you do a half page sky shot and stop the copier(on/off) and check the PCU, is the drum nice and black ?
    Do you have a charge problem ?
    Do you have correct transfer onto the page ?

HTH
    GDM
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 11-13-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by printsnow View Post
    Well, spoke too soon!!! Now we have light copies again and the toner isn't fusing to the paper! This thing is about to get used for target practice!!!
    Where are you getting your toner from?
    If it's not OEM Ricoh toner then your problem could be the generic toner.

Technician
    I won't be able to get there till tomorrow, but yeah, we went ahead with factory PCU, to rule everthing out. We use OEM toner, I don't have any samples, because it looked great when I put the new PCU in, the other prints before just seemed to fade out after a couple of days when we rebuilt the PCU and then when we put a brand new one in.