Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh CL3100 (Gestetner 7417)

This machine show error SC 486.
    I know that in the service manual it says BK solenoid error. Now I have clean the BK solenoid but the same problem remain, what is the next step change the main board or to change the drum?
    Does anybody have a tip for this issue.

Sincerely David

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    You're going to hate this. The only way of curing SC486 on these machines is to replace the entire main drive unit. I've had this fault a few times and this, unfortunately, is the only thing that sorts it. Part number is G139 0812. Put at least 3 hours aside for fitting it, you have to strip the shit out of the machine.

Du kommer att hata det. Det enda sättet att bota SC486 på dessa maskiner är att ersätta hela huvudfacket drivenheten. Jag har haft detta fel ett par gånger och detta är tyvärr det enda som sorterar den. Del nummer är G139 0812. Sätt minst 3 timmar reserverats för monteringen måste du remsor skiten ur maskinen.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

E Winter
    You're going to hate this. The only way of curing SC486 on these machines is to replace the entire main drive unit. I've had this fault a few times and this, unfortunately, is the only thing that sorts it. Part number is G139 0812. Put at least 3 hours aside for fitting it, you have to strip the shit out of the machine.
    We had a few CL3xxx in the field and most of them did way too much trouble. Streaking from the PCUs, faulty toner supply and problems with the drive unit. Fortunately the price for tha parts+work are getting very high when it comes to an issue like that. I would recommend the customer to use this money for a new machine like an SPC420 wich comes with less potencial issues^^

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    You are SO RIGHT! It's like getting beaten to death with a bag of oranges. Horrible task! If you have never done this before, get the digital camera out and take lots of pictures. I think I can do it in about an hour now if I swear really fast. It still sucks though.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh CL3100 (Gestetner 7417)

The times I've seen this problem arise, our district manager would ok just replacing the whole printer if it was under service. I never saw the numbers, but apparently it was cheaper then the parts and labor cost to repair.