Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar

Anyone tried this before?

I had a call on an MPC 2500 this afternoon, usual thing, black lines about an inch and a half wide down the edge of the copy. The drum looked mint and cleaning the charge roller made bugger all difference, so I swapped the charge roller into one of the colour PCUs to confirm it was the culprit, and it was. As I didn't have a replacement PCU on me I took the charge roller out of an old PCU I had in the van which had been replaced for the same reason, it was one of the new brown-ish type charge rollers, and I cleaned off all the brown coating with meths. It took a few minutes, gave the cleaning roller a blast with the air duster and put it back in the machine. The result - perfect copies. Couldn't give it a thorough test because the customer was waiting to go home, but ran about 100 copies through it and they were all spot on.

Just wandering if anyone else has tried this before and if so how long did it prolong the life of the PCU?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    When I clean a charge roller I usually do it with water. Maybe your method works. I would keep an eye on this machine and see how long this PCU holds.

Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    When I clean a charge roller I usually do it with water. Maybe your method works. I would keep an eye on this machine and see how long this PCU holds.
    I usually clean them with water as well, I just thought i'd try wiping all the coating off out of curiosity seeing as I had a spare charge roller that was otherwise knackered. I've kept a copy of the meter reading print out so I can see how long it lasts.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I have been cleaning these rollers with a non-ammonia glass cleaner to good effect, they always seem to deliver a clean copy after cleaning, especially the light coloured ones.