Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 1018 Fax TX Paper format incorrect

Hi guys i have one problem with Ricoh 1018 when i trasmit a fax or from adf that from glass,it recognizes a various format paper only A3 and reduced my image in tx ,the machine make a tx in a3-->a4 help me! thank you

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Check to ensure the ADF position sensor hasn't been knocked out of place, this will cause mis-detection of sheets placed on the glass. The machine measures the size of the page as you are closing the lid and with the sensor out of place it will see the platen sheet at the largest paper the unit supports for auto size detection.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018 Fax TX Paper format incorrect

Some older faxes when recieving will see an A4 long side as A3 and reduce it down to A4. It is expecting A4 to be send short side. This is because back in the day, all faxes were A4 only. Or on this side of the pond Let R.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.
    I agree with Jomama46, its a function of "Immediate transmission" machine scans the leading edge of the paper to find out what size is being sent and reducuces the image accordingly.

I don't know how many times Ive explained this to customers, I even started putting stickers on machines showing the direction to place a fax. For my more slower customers who are unable to interpret pictograms and plain text (ie doctors, lawyers and the police) I have the machines set on 'Memory Transmission' that way, whichever paper orientation the fax will come out the other end the correct size.