Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    milan.klimes

Exclamation Ricoh mpc5000 - sc868, sc867-1

Hi I'm new here.

I currently have a problem with SC 868 on MPC5000 and MP7001 Ricoh machine. Our customer has Equitrac embedded ( PCC3) and GlobalScan NX ( embedded - version 1.3.4.1).
    VM card type I is installed on MPC5000 ( v. 4.16) and VM card Type J on MP7001 ( version 5.xx)
    Past couple of months we had have problems with those SC error codes. The only solution we could use was to replace SD and reissue license for GSNX but that's not a fix. This error codes are appearing on all the production machines ( 5 in total), same model and make.
    Firmware on all machines is up-to-date. We are using only Ricoh branded SD cards.

Any idea what this problem could cause?

Thanks
    Milan

sorry for the late reply, set sp mode 5844 100 to "0"

Technician
    Hi Nevster,

i tried your suggested SP code but no luck. still same SC. Now, 8 moths later, the same SC code appeared on one of our machine again.
    Does anybody have any solution for this issue? SC868? I don't want to replace sd card every 7-8 months...

thanks
    milan

Quote Originally Posted by 1nevster View Post
    sorry for the late reply, set sp mode 5844 100 to "0"

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I'd try another HDD.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts engineers's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mpc5000 - sc868, sc867-1

I had the same problem, 3 vm cards went down with sc867 within a year. They are running globalscan nx. I've spoken to Ricoh and they say its a known fault and the latest version of globalscan should fix this (v 1.5.2).

SC867 B SD Card Error 2: SD Card Removal
    The SD card inserted in the system slot when the machine was powered on was removed while the machine was still switched on.
    SD card removed from boot slot on the controller
    Cycle the machine off/on

[Cause]
    The installation of the SD VM Card Type C was interrupted causing damage to the card.
    [Resolution]
    Replace the SD VM Card Type C and follow the directions below:
    IMPORTANT: Do not remove the SD card from slot 3 after installing the platform.Installation1. With the power OFF and the machine unplugged, remove the slot cover from SD card slot 3.2. Insert the VM-Card Type C label face to the rear of the machine. Then push it slowly into slot 3 until you hear a click.3. Replace the sixth key-slot cover with the “Other function” key (part number B2381576).4. Plug in and turn ON the main power switch. The installation of the Java VMplatform will start automatically.IMPORTANT: DO NOT turn the main power OFF. Also, do not open any of the covers or do any machine operations. This will damage the SD card. A damaged SD card cannot be repaired.5. Wait five minutes, and then press the “Other function” key. You will hear two beeps.If the screen does not change, this means the installation is not finished yet. Wait a few more minutes and then press the “Other function” key again.When the installation is finished, the following will be displayed:
    6. Set the heap size and stack size for the application. (In User Tools/Extended Features setting, see the Administrator Tools tab.)7. Install the application using the installation procedure provided with the application

asidhu

Quote Originally Posted by milan.klimes View Post
    Hi I'm new here.

I currently have a problem with SC 868 on MPC5000 and MP7001 Ricoh machine. Our customer has Equitrac embedded ( PCC3) and GlobalScan NX ( embedded - version 1.3.4.1).
    VM card type I is installed on MPC5000 ( v. 4.16) and VM card Type J on MP7001 ( version 5.xx)
    Past couple of months we had have problems with those SC error codes. The only solution we could use was to replace SD and reissue license for GSNX but that's not a fix. This error codes are appearing on all the production machines ( 5 in total), same model and make.
    Firmware on all machines is up-to-date. We are using only Ricoh branded SD cards.

Any idea what this problem could cause?

Thanks
    Milan

basically it happens when your card or client is talking to the server end and the m/c is forced powered off, and second when the life of the sd card is over , i thimk you migjht know this but i will explain it to you how to recover the card , remove the vm card from the mfd , now insert in your pc or laptop card reader you will find three folders out of those three delete the forlder called SDK,donot delete other folder otherwise your card is damaged , now download the lates version of java (4.24 in MPC5000)run the batch file and that creates the sdk folder on the sd card again, now install the GNX clents on the sd card (1.5.2) and in insert the card back to mfd and turn it on , now install the GNX through user tools and relicense it , but before doing all this your firmware should be up to date .if sc again appers try resettting it wih sp 5-810.

PLs let me know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by asidhu View Post
    basically it happens when your card or client is talking to the server end and the m/c is forced powered off, and second when the life of the sd card is over , i thimk you migjht know this but i will explain it to you how to recover the card , remove the vm card from the mfd , now insert in your pc or laptop card reader you will find three folders out of those three delete the forlder called SDK,donot delete other folder otherwise your card is damaged , now download the lates version of java (4.24 in MPC5000)run the batch file and that creates the sdk folder on the sd card again, now install the GNX clents on the sd card (1.5.2) and in insert the card back to mfd and turn it on , now install the GNX through user tools and relicense it , but before doing all this your firmware should be up to date .if sc again appers try resettting it wih sp 5-810.

PLs let me know if it works
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply. But the machine does not work even when the SD cards have been removed. Also the SD card available is only a postscript card and data security. There is no VM card in the machine. Also I would like you to suggest on the remaining questions asked by me i.e is the client to pay or I as a service provider to replace the controller board when the machine is on LEASE AGREEMENT.

Regards,
    Maulik Shah