Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    And expensive, it that's all the customer will use it for.
    Not to bum any of my international brothers out, but @Remote Enterprise Pro has no customer cost in the US.

We do charge for our time to set it up, though.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    how to enter email address more quicker?

Strange, I have a price list of comm gates, transactions links and monthly maintenance charges.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Strange, I have a price list of comm gates, transactions links and monthly maintenance charges.
    I'll double check, but that all may be for the Appliance and its assorted parts and services.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I'll double check, but that all may be for the Appliance and its assorted parts and services.
    Arnt they required for @remote?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Arnt they required for @remote?
    @Remote Enterprise Pro (formerly Web Smart Device Monitor) is a Web based solution to monitor, configure, and control Ricoh MFPs and printers.

If you remember Web Smart Device Monitor, we only had the standard version, and there were frequent references in the manuals to a "Pro" version. @Remote Enterprise Pro is it.

The closest is comes to submitting meter reads is to have it send an email monthly with an attached .csv file to a system admin.

There are a few downsides:

1. It must run on Server 2003 or 2008 (it may work on 2000, not sure), and only 32 bit OSes are supported - 64 bit is coming, but not yet.

2. According to Ricoh, they want a dedicated Server, not running email, other web services, printing etc... It will not install on a domain controller. The good news is that it will run on a virtual server just fine.

3. You can only access it with a PC running IE. No Firefox, Mac, Linux, etc...

Ricoh just did finally release the long-awaited connector to unite the Appliance and @Remote Enterprise Pro.

Interesting, I was under the impression that it sent the email to a server in Japan, then the dealership retrieved it from there. But you still need to buy the connectors/ comm gates?

A+; Network +; PDI+

@Remote, both Embedded and the Appliance, send the meters to Japan for retrieval by the dealers.

The Appliance offers much more than Embedded does, but the customer really needs more than a handful of machines to make it worthwhile.

The Appliance looks like an oversized cable modem, IMHO. It has a connection to the network, a second connector to crossover into for configuration, and, of course, a power supply.

The connector is totally optional, and is only required if you want to link @Remote Enterprise Pro with the Appliance. I don't think that there is a cost for the connector.

If you haven't seen any sample reports that are generated by the Appliance, they're pretty amazing. This is the website that the customer gets logins to when they have an Appliance.

I did discover that the Appliance sends meters out every day, so the data in the reports can be very revealing if interpreted correctly.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    @Remote Enterprise Pro (formerly Web Smart Device Monitor) is a Web based solution to monitor, configure, and control Ricoh MFPs and printers.
    Well, I'm looking all over TESSA and can't find it. Where did you get it? I'd like to have a run with it on VMWare...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Very educational, Ken. Thanks.

A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, I'm looking all over TESSA and can't find it. Where did you get it? I'd like to have a run with it on VMWare...
    I don't know anything about TESSA, but we have the TSRC site in the US. (Login required)

@Remote Enterprise Pro is listed under "Solutions", then "Print & Device Management".

I did look back on the public site, and saw that "Web Smart Device Monitor" is still available. (I previously thought it was discontinued.)