Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I don't know anything about TESSA, but we have the TSRC site in the US. (Login required)

@Remote Enterprise Pro is listed under "Solutions", then "Print & Device Management".

I did look back on the public site, and saw that "Web Smart Device Monitor" is still available. (I previously thought it was discontinued.)
    This is all well and good and it's valuable information, but the fact remains that on all new machines, you can select "Maintenance" in Web Image Monitor and backup the address book on a PC. This would be particularly useful if your machine came with a Toshiba HDD. Just sayin' ...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    This is all well and good and it's valuable information, but the fact remains that on all new machines, you can select "Maintenance" in Web Image Monitor and backup the address book on a PC. This would be particularly useful if your machine came with a Toshiba HDD. Just sayin' ...
    I set probably 99% of my customers up with Smart Device Monitor for Admin. If it looks like they will need to modify their address books often, and / or add and delete user codes, I'll even get the single machine accounts going with it.

It's totally free, installs on almost any PC, and is WAY more intuitive than the WIM for managing fax numbers, scan locations, and authentication settings.

I only recommend the web based solutions in accounts with more than a handful of machines. It's much more of an "enterprise based" approach.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I set probably 99% of my customers up with Smart Device Monitor for Admin. If it looks like they will need to modify their address books often, and / or add and delete user codes, I'll even get the single machine accounts going with it.

It's totally free, installs on almost any PC, and is WAY more intuitive than the WIM for managing fax numbers, scan locations, and authentication settings.

I only recommend the web based solutions in accounts with more than a handful of machines. It's much more of an "enterprise based" approach.

I seemed to have missed the whole point of the OP's question.

I thought the question was how to replicate the address book on multiple machines on the network.

The WIM will do it and the process is simple. Additional software is not required.

Again, I'm sorry if I missed something.

PP

Smart Device Monitor for Admin will do that, also.

Because it exports as a csv file, you can modify the file on a PC (normally in Excel), if you need to make any kind of widespread changes to the address book.

I just had this happen yesterday, where I need to change 40 SMB (folder) paths due to network changes.

The whole process only took a few minutes.

In all fairness, I've never opened a file created by using the Maintenance function. Is it a csv as well?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Smart Device Monitor for Admin will do that, also.

Because it exports as a csv file, you can modify the file on a PC (normally in Excel), if you need to make any kind of widespread changes to the address book.

I just had this happen yesterday, where I need to change 40 SMB (folder) paths due to network changes.

The whole process only took a few minutes.

In all fairness, I've never opened a file created by using the Maintenance function. Is it a csv as well?
    Nope. It's a function of the NVRAM that is accessed by the web browser.

You're familiar with upgrading the firmware with WIM right?

It's the same interface but you can save the address book information to your computer and load it on multiple machines on the network.

I'm not sure how to explain it further. It's something that you need to try for yourself to see how simple it is.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Nope. It's a function of the NVRAM that is accessed by the web browser.

You're familiar with upgrading the firmware with WIM right?

It's the same interface but you can save the address book information to your computer and load it on multiple machines on the network.

I'm not sure how to explain it further. It's something that you need to try for yourself to see how simple it is.
    I know exactly how simple it is, along with updating firmware. I've been working with Ricoh MFPs since 1998.

I just VPNed into an MP C3500 in my office, and exported the address book to my PC (It has about 39 entries in it).

The resulting file is a UDF, and is binary. Being such, the wholesale modifications I mentioned earlier wouldn't be feasible, as you would have to convert to csv using third party software, then back to UDF. Not really worth the effort.

Both methods, Maintenance and SDMA, are quite valid to get the job done .

It's more a matter of personal preference; I just prefer a more full featured tool with more advanced capabilities.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I know exactly how simple it is, along with updating firmware. I've been working with Ricoh MFPs since 1998.

I just VPNed into an MP C3500 in my office, and exported the address book to my PC (It has about 39 entries in it).

The resulting file is a UDF, and is binary. Being such, the wholesale modifications I mentioned earlier wouldn't be feasible, as you would have to convert to csv using third party software, then back to UDF. Not really worth the effort.

Both methods, Maintenance and SDMA, are quite valid to get the job done .

It's more a matter of personal preference; I just prefer a more full featured tool with more advanced capabilities.
    We're on the same page but my business is more focussed on small private companies rather than enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gesttech View Post
    HI

i would like to know, how i could enter email address more quicker for address book of Ricoh MP2000sp. Because my client have 6 Mp2000 & one hundred email address to enter.

Thanks

Can't you use LDAP?
    The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol is an app protocol for querying and modifying data of directory services (like AD) implemented in regular IP networks.
    Just enter the string and the machine will display a A-Z lists from LDAP for the users to choose from.

For all I know it might be possible to save the e-mail addresses that you want too, instead of searching for it every time too.
    If that is possible, then they can save a copy to a PC - and copy it over to the rest of the machines?

Not every business has LDAP available, let alone someone available who knows anything about it.

Small businesses are the first that come to mind, but there are many.

In addition, LDAP does no good if you are sending to someone outside your company.

Don't get me wrong, LDAP is a really wonderful thing, but it does have some limitations.

Yeah..

Then I go for paying a geeky kid. They might even think it's fun/interesting
    Or let each users add their address info in Web Image Monitor..

I just hate jobs like that.