Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Yellow Bands

ZackMan

Yellow Bands

Hello All

I have a Lanier LP138c which in essence is a Ricoh with a different badge

Recently when printing either b/w or colour, the printed sheets appears with faint yellow bands vertically, you could say they are almost 20/30 yellow in shade and has happened out of the blue. Any guesses what it could be?

Zack

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Sounds like a worn charge roller in your Yellow PCU. Try replacing it. The colour PCUs are available as a maintenance kit: 7000A

if the bands are vertical i would think it could be transfer. try cleaning out the transfer cleaning unit, or could be a mark or scratch on the belt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Yellow Bands

For clarity, are the bands going in the direction of paper travel from left to right or perpendicular (front to rear)? Better yet, post a sample with the lead edge labeled. Most likely it's the pcu as rthonpm said.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackMan View Post
    Hello All

I have a Lanier LP138c which in essence is a Ricoh with a different badge

Recently when printing either b/w or colour, the printed sheets appears with faint yellow bands vertically, you could say they are almost 20/30 yellow in shade and has happened out of the blue. Any guesses what it could be?

Zack
    It's a CL7000 and if you're printing straight B&W, a dirty charge roller in the Y opc shouldn't affect the prints unless the ITB contact mechanism has a problem. The yellow drum is next in line to the black unit. This sounds vaguely familiar. I think it was one of the bugs on the course, but that was a long time ago...

In any case, anyone with experience on the CL7000/7100/7200/7300 or AF2238 or AF3235 that has seen the problem can chime in.