Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    MPC 5000  - wrapping around hot roller

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Assuming that you have already replaced the oil supply roller and the cleaning roller, I would replace the pressure roller next.
    What machine are u thinking of? I didnt think these had oil rollers.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Common problem. There is not enough lead edge erase from the factory on these. Back lead edge erase back to 1mm and problem solved.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Yep....Im with Wishbone.....the lead edge margin needs to be larger. The toner on full bleed cover sticks to the rollers and wraps as there isnt any strippers, just that useless metal plate. Problem is it offsets the image on the page but there isnt any other fix.

Do a skyshot and keep changing the lead edge margin in the SP modes until it dosnt wrap in the fuser.

This is a real common problem for us....every MPC4000 / 5000 does this on full bleed colour as far as i know and this is the only fix. Proper strippers would sort it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    What machine are u thinking of? I didnt think these had oil rollers.
    They don't come with them but can be ordered and fitted to them. sometimes cures problem and sometimes solves them. you should see them in the part manuals or RTBs. can't remember where I see it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AyJayAreDii View Post
    They don't come with them but can be ordered and fitted to them. sometimes cures problem and sometimes solves them. you should see them in the part manuals or RTBs. can't remember where I see it.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the MP4000/5000 where there is the unauthorized mod to replace the web with an oil roller?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the MP4000/5000 where there is the unauthorized mod to replace the web with an oil roller?
    Like in this thread....

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...00-5000-a.html
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    non genuine toner is also a major cause, machines changed back to ricoh toner all run fine now

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    The mp4000/5000 already had an oiled web anyway. That mod was just cause it was a bit of a bitch to replace. I have had many good looks at the mpc4000/5000 fuser to try and mod it to house an oil roller, but there just doesnt seem to be any room.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I have a few of these that do this also.. called Ricoh with no help at all, it's just the nature of the beast because they decided it was a great idea not to put any strippers on it. We ended up doing the SEF feeding and increasing the leading edge void... That's the only fix we can find that workjs consistantly.

E Winter
    Heard about this issue. Increasing the leading edge erase margin is an otion like changing the orientation or trying different paper types for high covarage printing (thicker paper). Lowering the fuser temp is something I usually won't consider to avoid offset issues.