Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Rioch SPC420 paper jam..

I have a SPC420 at a customer where the paper stops when it's about 50% out of the fuser.
    I've started to change a few sensors (GW20 0020). I've changed two sensors of this type. The exit sensor and one that is seated on the same bracket as the paper feed sensor. but it still jams... or at least it stops, and report a jam. But the paper is not jammed. Looks OK.
    So I guess it is the paper feed sensor. The main motor just stops.

I didn't have the paper feed sensor (AW01 0118) in stock, but I will replace it as soon as I get it.
    It appeares to have a minor scratch. Don't know if that is the cause. It is tiny.

Does anybody have any idea here? Just change the sensor and see?

Does these machines run alright? We have only a few in the field - and non of them run a lot. Have not work on this model before. Are there any flaws.
    We have not had any service calls on this model jet. But none have made more than 10-12000 impressions.

E Winter
    Did you check the SMC/Logging data to see wich sensor actually reported the jam?

I assume the paper stack looks good and the paper end and side sliders are adjusted properly so there is not too much play. You might check this little cork pad on the paper lift-up plate. The adhesive of this cork is not very good so the cork can move slightly above the edge of the plate wich leads to paper jams/misfeeds because the lift-up plate stucked at some point before the sep pad (usually only if there's not much paper left in the tray).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Rioch SPC420 paper jam..

Check the registration sensor feeler. I've had the exact same problem, turned out the feeler wasn't releasing all the time after paper passed and would jam coming out of the fuser (due to it thinking the paper was still in the registration). If you manually push on it most likely it will seem ok, but I found if I gently pressed and released it would sometimes hang up. My solution was to put a small weight (washer) on the horizontal flat of the flag end where it drops into the sensor.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Rioch SPC420 paper jam..

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I will test it later today. I'll let you know if it does the trick