Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

External USB Keyboard....is it possible

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect an external usb keyboard to a Ricoh; specifically an MP C5000? I see that they actually sell one but I'm curious if there is a way to get a standard keyboard to work via software or SP mode.

http://www.ricoh-usa.com/solutions/s...7+USB+Keyboard

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Just installed one, but it only works with eCopy. It won't let you enter text into the machine menus. They should be able to make it work now that Java is usually built into the new machines, but if and when that will happen is a mystery.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it will work with GlobalScan NX (server or serverless) as well.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    Just installed one, but it only works with eCopy. It won't let you enter text into the machine menus. They should be able to make it work now that Java is usually built into the new machines, but if and when that will happen is a mystery.
    So was it embedded eCopy you installed with the external keyboard or was it eCopy ScanStation with an actual PC? The ScanStation is no problem since it's a PC but the Ricoh controller for the embedded version is where the complications crop up.

Technician
    Is there any setting in the sdk-j needed and is it possible to use any usb keyboard, maybe by entering the vendor and product id?

Thillewa
    Quote Originally Posted by netsrvs View Post
    So was it embedded eCopy you installed with the external keyboard or was it eCopy ScanStation with an actual PC? The ScanStation is no problem since it's a PC but the Ricoh controller for the embedded version is where the complications crop up.

NSi AutoStore will support the Ricoh external keyboard, release of the new capture component for NSi AutoStore is expected 22 March 2011 -> (NSi AutoStore)