Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

toner to spill ( jet ) into paper

Dear all,
    Please find attached pictures,
    I have this problem in aficio 1075 , after less than 2k ( this pictures taken from machine with parts life less than 2k )
    This makes toner to spill ( jet ) into paper .and sometimes in big amount .
    I try different kind of toner and developer with same results.( I have 4 machines with same parts installed I have this problem on 3 of them and the 4th one don’t have any problem )
    Is there is any problem with drum cleaning mechanism, or drum unit.???
    This problem really makes me crazy.
    Your help is really really really appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Do a complete PM on the drum and dv-unit with genuine parts and the original toner/developer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    i did it every week , but same results

Technical Supervisor 50+ Posts

Which developer type you are using for this model?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    No way that's a new drum blade. Look at the colour of it! Rebuild the PCU with the correct parts, blade AD04 1140, brush B247 2330, drum B070 9510. Make sure you apply lubricant powder to the drum before installing it. Also replace the grid, wire and wire cleaner. ONLY use B064 9640 developer in this machine. I'm not surprised it's running dirty if you are putting other types of developer in it. Is the machine also giving process control SC's like 312, 313 and 353? If so, the ID sensor or TD sensor could be faulty, the machine is switching to pixel count mode and overtoning.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

TonerMunkeh has given good advice here, although I would think three machines simultaneously having ID or TD sensor failure is unlikely. Like he says, use the correct developer and be sure you have a new brush and drum installed. If any one of these three components are worn it will result in your particular problem. Make sure the machines are actually set to sensor control (SP 2208). A clogged or tube or broken gears on the recycling auger will cause a backup of toner in the PCU, so you might check that, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    No way that's a new drum blade. Look at the colour of it! Rebuild the PCU with the correct parts, blade AD04 1140, brush B247 2330, drum B070 9510. Make sure you apply lubricant powder to the drum before installing it. Also replace the grid, wire and wire cleaner. ONLY use B064 9640 developer in this machine. I'm not surprised it's running dirty if you are putting other types of developer in it. Is the machine also giving process control SC's like 312, 313 and 353? If so, the ID sensor or TD sensor could be faulty, the machine is switching to pixel count mode and overtoning.
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 12-07-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: additional info
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    TonerMunkeh has given good advice here, although I would think three machines simultaneously having ID or TD sensor failure is unlikely. Like he says, use the correct developer and be sure you have a new brush and drum installed. If any one of these three components are worn it will result in your particular problem. Make sure the machines are actually set to sensor control (SP 2208). A clogged or tube or broken gears on the recycling auger will cause a backup of toner in the PCU, so you might check that, too.
    Using generic toner and developer or aftermarket parts would automatically disqualify you from placing a hotline call to Ricoh so the same should apply here on this forum.

might also replace the cleaning unit seal as well at the same time as the blade if that is possible