Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC3500 J025

Technician

Question MPC3500 J025

Hi Guys,

Need some advise please...

I've got an MPC3500 which is giving me "Jam 025 - Duplex Exit: ON - Duplex sensor does not detect paper. - Z".

I originally had this problem on a different machine about 2 weeks ago;
    I checked the sensor in input check-working. Stripped the whole duplex unit and checked everything; still no luck. Then swapped the complete duplex unit with another machine; problem still with original machine.
    We then suspected the motor which sits in the machine and drives the duplex unit. While we were swapping that motor with another machine we also took out the feed stations to clean and check. Put everything back together and it worked. So we assumed it was the motor/the feed stations were dirty. (But weren't 100% sure its the motor because the other machine was still working after the motors were swapped.

This morning the other machine we were testing with 2 weeks ago stated with this same problem. I immediately assumed its the motor and replaced it with a spare machine's motor.
    After I replaced the motor the machine was still doing tyhe exact same thing. I then stripped ouit the feed stations and cleaned them; (I did not swap feed stations 2 weeks ago; both machines has their original feedstations); then switched the machine on and its working! Put everything back together; switched the machine on again to test one last time before I leave; and it does it again - J025!

Has anyone ever had this or any advise please?

MUch appreciated!

Chris

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    What does the SMC logging show?
    Is there actually paper present at the duplex exit when it jams?
    Is fusing unit is rotating smoothly? e.g it's not lumpy when under pressure?

The duplex exits out straight into the reg guide plate, so that may be worth checking out.
    I've had a few warped and cracked reg guide mylars.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    What does the SMC logging show?
    Is there actually paper present at the duplex exit when it jams?
    Is fusing unit is rotating smoothly? e.g it's not lumpy when under pressure?

The duplex exits out straight into the reg guide plate, so that may be worth checking out.
    I've had a few warped and cracked reg guide mylars.

SMC shows J025 as in original post...
    Yip; the paper is halfway past the exit sensor when it jams(Just an FYI - I swapped the sensor as well-just to be sure..)
    Already stripped and checked&cleaned reg unit... Guides are perfect.

Fusing unit is also in perfect condition-turning smoothly - just checked that this morning.

Thanks for the reply....already spent hours on this machine so checked all the normal stuff

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    I have had same on a mpc2500, had to take out the exit/eject section, dismantle it clean all the hard toner off the white plastic wheels, clean the sensor and re-attach the arm on the solenoid.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Technician

Question

Quote Originally Posted by aabarnes1 View Post
    I have had same on a mpc2500, had to take out the exit/eject section, dismantle it clean all the hard toner off the white plastic wheels, clean the sensor and re-attach the arm on the solenoid.
    Hi Guys, This problems started again. It went away for a while after I replaced one of the sensors near the top of the Duplex unit. (This sensor just checks the position of one of the guides.) I suspected it to be faulty as it sits right near the fusing unit and smelled like an electrical burn....

Anyway when this problem came back 2 days ago the first thing I did was replace that with a new sensor. And that doesn't work now. If I fiddle with the duplex unit it stops misfeeding for about an hour but then comes back again. Its so strange because I've got not idea what causes this as I cant do the same thing everytime to get it working again.

@A - Thanks also cleaned the exit section again. No luck..

I've checked through some bulletins again but can't find anything relating to Jam025.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Comatose's Avatar
    May sound silly but how does the machine run in simplex mode, spent ages once chasing a duplex problem only to find it was not related to duplex..... doh !!

I have had a few MP C2500's with duplex jams and feed problems pretty much right out of the box . I removed all the connectors from the BICU , and with a toothbrush and alcohol scrubbed the board connectors as well as the wiring harness connectors . I know you really can't clean the wire connectors but some alcohol seeps in there and I reseated each one about 5 times and every time my problem went away . Hope this helps .

Technician
    Thanks for the replies guys; Luckily I got it sorted the next day!

It was a one-way-bearing near the top & back side of the duplex unit that was just slipping a bit. Couldn't feel it slipping when I tested it with my hand but throught I'd clean it in any way and that fixed it...

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    will keep an eye out for that

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MPC3500 J025

Hey fella
    could you please give me the part number for this one way bearing please. I have this problem now. Thanks