Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    monstott2010

Question Ricoh CL7000 Sleep Mode Issue?

I have a problem with an older Ricoh CL7000. As I am not Ricoh auth technician (work primarily Copystar machines), I do not have access to a lot of information, however, was able to find a copy of the service and parts manuals in the other forum. I am trying to help a customer of ours with this machine. Here's the story from her:

This machine is said to be approx 7-8 years old, and up until a month or so ago, has been working fine. Customer is trying to print to the machine, however, once the machine powers itself off (hence the thought this is a sleep mode issue) she can no longer print to the machine. She said that she can power off and on then the jobs in que will then print off normal. Short of disabling the sleep mode totally, I am not sure what else to do for this issue, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh CL7000 Sleep Mode Issue?

Hi Monstott2010,

You will probably find that the machine is generating and error code and turning it off and on resets the error. You will need her to check the screen of the device before she powers off and check for SC xxx. If you can find out the error I will post back on here what it refers to.

Hope this helps for now.

monstott2010
    No error codes, machine says "Ready" but will not print out. Called customer this morning and found out that they were checking on print server and found the machine was displayed as Offline. They made adjustments on server yesterday, waiting to see if fixed. I also found an issue similar to that on another machine of ours last week, we had to have another IP address assigned to resolve issue. I will update when I find out if resolved.

monstott2010
    I was finally able to get to the customer site to see what is going on. The machine is still "Ready" and active, but after about 15-20 min, all fan/motor activity stops and machine is totally quiet. At that point, the machine will not respond via print OR controll panel buttons until the main power is turned off and back on. There is no error code presented, and once power cycled, will work just fine. I checked the power saver modes: Mode 1 was on and 2 was off; turned both off and problem persists. Any advice is appreciated!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh CL7000 Sleep Mode Issue?

Very very strange. I can safely say I have never experienced that before! Ok first things first I would be tempted to remove, clean and replace the network board/card and hard drive in the back of the machine. Then I would make sure that the firmware is all at the latest versions and if it is I would overwrite and refresh the firmware. One other thing to check is that the memory DIMM chips are inserted correctly and not loose. This potentially sounds quite serious, possibly even main board on the machine but try these things first. The customer does not have any wierd network setup or anything do they? And do you experience the same thing if you plug a laptop directly into the printer and use a crossover cable? From memory these machine's have a USB port on them (or at least and LPT1 port). Once the machine "locks up", try printing using the other print connection (USB) and see if that works, then at least I suppose you can isolate if it is a network card issue or a main board fault.

Some more things for now but very very odd.... :S

Good Luck!

monstott2010
    I didn't have a laptop with me so was unable to print direct, however, I was initially leaning to a main board since both print and primary control panel showed as non-responsive. I did remove the back cover and ck the memory while there, however, did not remove the network board to reseat. Any ideas on cost for replacement main board if that is the problem? At this point, they are probably going to opt for a newer machine vs repair.