Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Half of drum become dirty

My copier Ricoh Afficio 2035 recently following by replacement of Roll Charger and Drum go out of right service.
    I opened OPC unit and after cleaning Blade 1 , 2 and charge roller reassembled it again and perform 3001-02 ID sensor Initialization and 2805(Dev Initialization) , and 2001-01 ,02 check voltages
    My lower ass’y of PCU unit forms both sides and also shutter-tuner supply has broken and I put the OPC unit without them.
    When copier start up , half of drum surface become dirty and exactly printed on the paper
    Why ?
    Please help me about solve this problem.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    First off, 2805 isn't developer initialisation. It stirs the dev to give it the triboelectric charge. 2801 is TD sensor initial setting and should only be performed when putting in a fresh bag of dev. Rebuild the PCU with a new cleaning blade and brush. Bin the blade that has the two springs on it, it causes more hassle than it's worth.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    01.jpg
    My scaned Printed document(A4) picture is
    What is Brush ?
    Please introduce this part(Full name and part number)
    does your purpose from brush is magnetic developer brush in dev or Blower brush in OPC?
    Brush Roller Cleaner of Charge or Terminal: Brush Roller 1 in OPC unit ?
    Left of picture is due to the Half of drum become dirty,and why right of the picture is background-lines? this document is copy of blank page
    Thank you for reply

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Tonermukeh means the roller that cleans the charge roller (B082 2329). Just replace the parts Tonermukeh mentioned (and make sure to fit the charge roller the correct way), and your problem is solved. And when you replace the drum : ALWAYS replace the cleaning blade! The old blade is worn and can damage your new drum.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I missed the four follwing parts
    1) Blade Bushing - 6x8x4mm
    2) Retaining Ring - M4
    3) Beside 2, Front Bushing - Cleaning Bracket
    4) Shutter - Toner Supply
    According to Part Manual of 2035 and this problem(half of drum surface as soon as copier start becoming toner-dirty)
    Please guide me about role of four part above mensioned separately and which is necessory and absent of which caused the problem?
    Thank you for guide

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Half of drum become dirty

It just appears that the charge roller is not sitting flush across the surface of the drum. Remove the drum, clean the contact surface of the front and rear charge spring plates for the charge roller (slightly bend the plates up to ensure a good contact) and put the drum back in . Now look at the charge roller and make sure it is sitting flush against the drum. Is it possible you lost a bushing for one end of the charge roller when you first worked on it? If it is not there then the charge roller will not fit flush on that end.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbareshghi View Post
    My lower ass’y of PCU unit forms both sides and also shutter-tuner supply has broken and I put the OPC unit without them.
    Thats the problem
    If PCU unit could work like yours,why Ricoh put them on?
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Is it possible you lost a bushing for one end of the charge roller when you first worked on it? If it is not there then the charge roller will not fit flush on that end.
    NO But remove both bushing of charge roller . I cleaned them , then insert both , but one side conveniently sitting flush but other with diffuculty sitting(interestingly the same side of near the difficulty sitting becoming dirty)
    In fact that end bushing contact surface with plates lower than other end (coveniently sitting flush)
    Your answer is very helpful for me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    i want to but 4 parts ? please guide me about prices ?and which channel where to buy?
    thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    i Removed the drum, clean the contact surface of the front and rear charge spring plates for the charge roller(blower) (slightly bend the plates up to ensure a good contact) and put the drum back in.
    look at two charge roller arms exactly and plates on both side must be the same shape . plates of left arm of my machine bend toward down arm and good contact was not provided.
    i correct toward top and my problem is solved and copy quality become good .
    capture photographes from opc parts perhaps is better solution for technicians to solve the problems of users
    thank you all for solving this problem