Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Heavily Backgrounded MP5000

I really am not sure what happened here. This is a new customer, they have the Savin version of the machine. It was working fine two weeks ago then they called to get some toner I said just get some on-line at amazon.

So they wound up getting aftermarket 8035 toner which didn't work (the notches are different on the back/bottom of the cartridge.) But ever since they put that in the copies are really backgrounded.

Whats weird is it doesn't seem to be dusting at all.

I ran about 50 sky-shots without the new aftermarket 4500a cartridge they purchased and then when it called for toner I put in a new OEM 4500a cartridge and ran another 150 or so. That didn't help at all.

What's the story with the toner? Is it or isn't the same as 2035 (savin 8035)?

Also I can't find my CD with the 4500 and 5000 manuals (I think it may have been used as a coaster at some point) If someone could be so kind as to email me just the 5000 that would be awesome!

TIA

Here's a pic, the right is a blank white sheet of paper.

Last edited by tinfox; 01-05-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added pic

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Probably the mag roller is coated with toner. scrub it clean and brace them for a new developer unit if this is the old style. The new one has a new style mag roll but the only way to get it is with a new dev unit. The toner was the real problem, the old style was melting onto the mag.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks I'll have a peek. I use lacquer thinner to clean mag rollers. Works Great.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    If they've put 8035 toner in it, the developer's had it. That's the toner for the B079 developer, not the B296.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.