Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh AP3800c

soundmanocc
    I finally got someone on another forum that knew what buttons to hold down while turning on the machine. I got into Factory Service Mode set the country to USA then went through SP mode set all of the non-default settings. Set the registration and tweeked the magenta and cyan settings. I now have a working AP3800c again. It only took 3 months of waiting to find the information I needed. Thanks for everyone who responded to my thread.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh AP3800c

Quote Originally Posted by soundmanocc View Post
    I finally got someone on another forum that knew what buttons to hold down while turning on the machine. I got into Factory Service Mode set the country to USA then went through SP mode set all of the non-default settings. Set the registration and tweeked the magenta and cyan settings. I now have a working AP3800c again. It only took 3 months of waiting to find the information I needed. Thanks for everyone who responded to my thread.
    If you send me an email, I'll send you a free copy of the Parts & Service manual. Always willing to help out a non-profit.

Paul@justmanuals.com

soundmanocc
    Thank you for the offer, but I already tracked the parts manual down. I wanted it in hand before I took the fuser apart to replace the heating element.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    We understand that times are hard and money is tight
    but this is why i suggest calling a tech

its going to cost you alot more to get it to work
    as for factory mode no way no how
    you need a regional tech

See what trying to save costs
    if you don't know then don't do
    we do this for a living
    I don't rape customers i understand times are hard
    but the knowledge also puts food in my kids bellies
    while admirable it was a costly foolish mistake

man cannot worship god and mammon

soundmanocc
    Quote Originally Posted by ct copier repair View Post
    We understand that times are hard and money is tight
    but this is why i suggest calling a tech

its going to cost you alot more to get it to work
    as for factory mode no way no how
    you need a regional tech

See what trying to save costs
    if you don't know then don't do
    we do this for a living
    I don't rape customers i understand times are hard
    but the knowledge also puts food in my kids bellies
    while admirable it was a costly foolish mistake

man cannot worship god and mammon
    I must have had a regional tech reply to my post on the other forum because what he told me worked, it got me into Factory Service Mode and I set the country to USA. I then went into SP mode and set all of the non-default settings and with in about an hour the machine was up and running again. A few other tweeks to the density of the magenta and cyan and to the maximum toner lever and I get as good a print as before. The information he provided didn't really cost a technician a job. This printer was going to be fixed in-house or given away for parts. I have difficulty understanding the big secret about which two buttons to hold down to access a menu on a machine that we don't rent or have a lease on and don't have a service contract on. It's our printer. All of the manuals are available online and contain virtually everything about the machine I need to know the machine to repair it except how to set the county code. Really the way they designed the firmware is the problem. The only piece of information in the Factory Service mode that was lost was the country setting. Why they didn't include that in the regular service mode is beyond me. I really don't understand your reference to Matt 6:24. I don't see how trying to use the money God has supplied to the best of our ability is putting the money above God. It is simply good stewardship.