Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

finisher jam 102 on MPC 3500

I have a c3500 that keeps jamming while stapling in the finisher sr 790 . I replaced the stepper motor that drives the paper to the stapler , junction gate solonoid and cleaded all rubber rollers . heip

I have this problem alot on the SR 790 finishers as well attached to multiple models. I cheated the door with a folded piece of paper and ran 5 sets of 45 sheets the paper does one of two things. As it is entering the jogging area it either gets hung up there not making it passed the white pawls or it skips into the jogger and offsets and causes the next paper to jam against it. Still looking for the overall cause but cannot find any burrs or other items in the area, and the transport rollers in the area to the jogger but still get intermittent jamming. The only thing that I saw was the paper that made it through had a nasty curve to it switched to a new ream of paper and i havent had any jamming yet.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    I've had a lot of crap with these things lately and have found the paper curling after it passes through the fuser and this is enought to dog-ear the leading edge corners and jam it up in the finisher entrance or in and around the staple tray area. I've dropped the fusing temp a few degrees, just enough to minimise the curl of the paper. So far so good, but ait to see what issues this throws up....