Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Savin 4035 Problems

When first called to this copier it was for a copy quality issue which entailed a general cleaning and adding toner to resolve the issue. I had to return to replace the fuser unit and before I came to do so the customer called and asked that I bring some staples for their finisher. Upon installing the fuser unit I got an SC542 error code to come up. The unit had been rebuilt with new rollers and thermistors but hadn't had the thermostats replaced. So I replaced the thermostats before resetting the error code and solving the problem. Upon installing the staples I encountered a problem with the stapler in the SR790 finisher. I corrected this problem and noticed an SC672 error code appear on the display. I thought the error code was due to the finisher issue and ignored it after I was able to reset it. However the customer called back the next day with an SC670 error code. The customer was unable to reset it and neither was I until I disconnected the hard drive. I contacted Hytech and their support service told me that the problem was in the BICU PCB. Upon removing circuit board and hard drive and resetting all the contacts on that assembly, the machine was now inoperable regardless whether the hard drive was plugged in or not. I pulled the BICU PCB and hard drive and circuit board assmebly off another copier and first installed just the BICU PCB and I was getting an SC827. After swapping parts from one print nic scan/HDD assembly to the other I was able to get the copier to work in copy mode only. However when I was through the only two parts that I replaced were the BICU PCB and the box the print nic scan/HDD assembly slide into. As said the copier is only working in copy mode and is not recognizing the printer or scanner features. Please help. Thank you.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    If in the original setup the machine showed the code after about 60 seconds, the fault was usually the Hard drive. I've also had the ADF data cable cause similar problems. I would set the machine to its original state and try a new hard drive (60-ish gb 2.5" ide?) and unplug the ADF to test.