Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by viperiii View Post
    Not sure what you said ...
    The whole clear formatting and accurate wording is not something I can read

I'll stick to barely comprehensible, thx tho!
    now you are sounding like a MAJOR IDIOT........

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

That is what I was after a clear cut fix...

my thought was different and agree panties in a major knot over an 8 year old thread with a massive amount of WTF Really? that is the answer...
    but that answer comes up when googling the fix.... and thus my over the top, probably not my best form... oh well...

<rant>
    its apparently ok to leave the "Check Engine Light" on with something - no biggie - works fine.... is what threw me.... and my "Fit" actually generated a helpful set of correct answers
    </rant>

-----
    Appreciate the clear answer above and ignoring my <rant> side...

I can handle Junior Idiot
    I'll wear it proudly
    -----
    either way fair enough on the criticism -
    [TLDP - History]
    All of this is because a servicing company that just dropped of an off-lease unit at one of my clients gave them that answer...
    it will never have the finisher on - won't fit in that space -
    I asked the guy that set it up (remote from that location) get rid of that error - he said if you find out how I'd love to know...
    Came across the answer above and flipped my $#&$ that same answer was given - even though probably a difference situation.
    (agree probably not the best post - and can accept that is my shame to carry)

Lighter note I'll tell them not to stick pins in the open plug/s
    You need an attitude change or you are are going to keep collecting Red Cards.

Angry Re: SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    now you are sounding like a MAJOR IDIOT........
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You need an attitude change or you are are going to keep collecting Red Cards.
    Believe I can roll with that, just remember I didn't call any of you names or attempt to (beyond initial "dumbest" comment)

However I do continue to receive the "Love":
    lets see -
    Grammar Police - taking their pound
    (although that one I can accept respectfully, I get it - and tend to lean towards speed and gist - and fail on both on occasion - as correctly itemized)
    Personality Cops - continue to quip
    and apparently the AYSO - Cards?!?

I did call into question telling someone to leave an error light on and how IMO that is quite possibly the worst advice in many cases, specifically if the finisher will never be re-attached to the unit and yes on an 8 YO Thread, as it was relevant.

However I will admit that there are limited cases as shown above where it might be OK / Advisable or acceptable, however most clients will accept anything you tell them right/wrong.

-- Will also admit plainly that I did, indeed, overreact and was very wound up due to a tech giving that exact advise to a client, when he was pressed the same answer was given again.

------------------------------------------------
    So now that we're/I'm past all that (hopefully)

Basic Process noted in this ~equally old Video Correct?:

I know - worst quality video I could find, for more fun
    Last edited by viperiii; 04-11-2019 at 11:18 PM. Reason: because I'm typing too quickly and make too many mistakes to fix... but I'll attempt to....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

Believe I can roll with that, just remember I didn't call any of you names or attempt to (beyond initial "dumbest" comment)

However I do continue to receive the "Love":
    lets see -
    Grammar Police - taking their pound
    (although that one I can accept respectfully, I get it - and tend to lean towards speed and gist - and fail on both on occasion - as correctly itemized)
    Personality Cops - continue to quip
    and apparently the AYSO - Cards?!?

I did call into question telling someone to leave an error light on and how IMO that is quite possibly the worst advice in many cases, specifically if the finisher will never be re-attached to the unit and yes on an 8 YO Thread, as it was relevant.

However I will admit that there are limited cases as shown above where it might be OK / Advisable or acceptable, however most clients will accept anything you tell them right/wrong.

-- Will also admit plainly that I did, indeed, overreact and was very wound up due to a tech giving that exact advise to a client, when he was pressed the same answer was given again.

------------------------------------------------
    So now that we're/I'm past all that (hopefully)

Basic Process noted in this ~equally old Video Correct?:

I know - worst quality video I could find, for more fun
    You have just earned yourself a spot on my ignore list. That means that should you have a problem for which I know the solution, you will not receive that solution because I will not see your post.