Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: SC792 without finisher

yes the proper way to fix it was remove bridge unit along with finisher. then you would need to have the following items cover for bridge unit and an exit tray cover . If you don't have those then items then easiest so let them know about code. i have customers that had this same issue they were fine leaving bridge unit in place and the ones who didn't like it i just remove bridge unit.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Flip out the old original tray full lever. Make sure the tray full sensor is connected.

Fault:
    The tray full sensor clogs with dust and toggles on/off , which can cause a problem with these machines.
    Be sure the tray full sensor is clean and free of dust n' cobwebs.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by viperiii View Post
    that has to be the dumbest advice ever..

Ignore that error...
    vs simply calling Ricoh and getting the answer to tell the copier to not display an error for something that is not installed.
    basically removing the finisher code / disable the finisher in the system maintenance screens....

having a blaring error is not quality of anything... the error should be able to be shunted...
    apparently
    Remove the bridge unit.

You need to buy a new blanking plate and a bit that goes where the bridge unit was.
    just haven't found the part number that is the blanking plate.... then the error goes away and is correctly resolved...

Ummmm.... It seems that many of the latest responders have over-looked the fact that this guy has his shorts in a very tight knot over an 8 year old thread that was no big F-ing deal then, and sure as hell isn't now!

RELAX DUDE, SERIOUSLY

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

that has to be the dumbest advice ever..

Ignore that error...
    vs simply calling Ricoh and getting the answer to tell the copier to not display an error for something that is not installed.
    basically removing the finisher code / disable the finisher in the system maintenance screens....

having a blaring error is not quality of anything... the error should be able to be shunted...
    apparently
    Remove the bridge unit.

You need to buy a new blanking plate and a bit that goes where the bridge unit was.
    just haven't found the part number that is the blanking plate.... then the error goes away and is correctly resolved...
    You show as a Junior member. That should be junior idiot. If you disconnect the finisher but do not remove the bridge unit, you will get an SC792 at power up. The only way around it is to remove the bridge unit, which is exactly what you would learn by calling Ricoh.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Ummmm.... RELAX DUDE, SERIOUSLY
    Bless you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You show as a Junior member. That should be junior idiot. If you disconnect the finisher but do not remove the bridge unit, you will get an SC792 at power up. The only way around it is to remove the bridge unit, which is exactly what you would learn by calling Ricoh.
    as ALWAYS.. Slimslob.... HITS the nail on the HEAD!

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

being that I just ran across a unit setup this way and the customer was told the exact thing above....
    interesting that it is many years later....

yes its an older unit they purchased off lease and same advice was given to them by their company....

"Ignore that Blaring Error - Call technician - machine Broke... but its fine all things function fine - nothing to see here... move along..."

ahhh....yeah... Nope.... that is not an OK answer for a unit literally just dropped off....

Again ...
    No way to fix a Blaring error and tell Customer to ignore the error...
    Yeah.. that is AWFUL / Terrible for an answer...

vs Fix the error...

apparently if you remove the bridge the error remains.
    so there needs to be a blank plate / addon to the internal finisher in the unit from what I'm reading...

I'd bet a call to Ricoh direct would resolve the issue... which means I have track the service company down and then verify if they even have access to Ricoh direct and then ask the questions.

yes probably a $10 part that will end up costing $100 sure... but I can almost guarantee there is a fix for the error...

Customer wants a unit that isn't throwing errors...

being the units can be sold with internal only finisher options... it means simply there is a part that is needed for the system to understand there is no external finisher and the servicing company should have corrected that before deliver....

make sense now?

----------
    last error I documented has to do with FTP...
    that issue was met with all up to date must be you....

wasn't.....
    Removing the bridge unit will remove the code. There is no way to suppress the code. Why would Ricoh bother to make one? The point of the code is that if the machine detects a bridge unit it should also detect a finisher and if it doesn't the finisher is either not there or broken.

If the finisher is only going to be gone for a short time just leave the bridge unit in. If the customer is bothered by the code or the finisher is going to be gone a long time take it out.

Why are you so wound around the axle about this?

Thumbs down Re: SC792 without finisher

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    yes the proper way to fix it was remove bridge unit along with finisher. then you would need to have the following items cover for bridge unit and an exit tray cover . If you don't have those then items then easiest so let them know about code. i have customers that had this same issue they were fine leaving bridge unit in place and the ones who didn't like it i just remove bridge unit.
    That is what I was after a clear cut fix...

my thought was different and agree panties in a major knot over an 8 year old thread with a massive amount of WTF Really? that is the answer...
    but that answer comes up when googling the fix.... and thus my over the top, probably not my best form... oh well...

<rant>
    its apparently ok to leave the "Check Engine Light" on with something - no biggie - works fine.... is what threw me.... and my "Fit" actually generated a helpful set of correct answers
    </rant>

-----
    Appreciate the clear answer above and ignoring my <rant> side...

I can handle Junior Idiot
    I'll wear it proudly
    -----
    either way fair enough on the criticism -
    [TLDP - History]
    All of this is because a servicing company that just dropped of an off-lease unit at one of my clients gave them that answer...
    it will never have the finisher on - won't fit in that space -
    I asked the guy that set it up (remote from that location) get rid of that error - he said if you find out how I'd love to know...
    Came across the answer above and flipped my $#&$ that same answer was given - even though probably a difference situation.
    (agree probably not the best post - and can accept that is my shame to carry)

Lighter note I'll tell them not to stick pins in the open plug/s

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Removing the bridge unit will remove the code. There is no way to suppress the code. Why would Ricoh bother to make one? The point of the code is that if the machine detects a bridge unit it should also detect a finisher and if it doesn't the finisher is either not there or broken.

If the finisher is only going to be gone for a short time just leave the bridge unit in. If the customer is bothered by the code or the finisher is going to be gone a long time take it out.

Why are you so wound around the axle about this?
    Re. StrumTrooper Quote:

Two paragraphs of comprehension text compared to 15 incoherent paragraphs of chaff.

The above post was able to be read "and more importantly understood", with out all the brain fog chaff.

Nicely and concisely done....

A billion more of the younger(some older) generation should stick to the English language rules they were taught in school. Those people would find there is less and less confusion causing SCI(self context interpretation) and therefore less heated replies to the written word.

Failure to effectively communicate ones intention is a big problem with today's cell phone texting generation.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 04-11-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not sure what you said ...
    The whole clear formatting and accurate wording is not something I can read

I'll stick to barely comprehensible, thx tho!