Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fiery questions

copierman 250+ Posts
    Fiery questions

Fiery questions

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can answer some of my queries regarding fiery printing:

1, If im servicing fierys would i need to have a densitometer(es1000) or could i use visual cal (built in the printer)

2, Is it that the colour matching would only work correctly when printing the pantone colours from an application?

3, How would i get whats on the monitor to match whats coming out of the printer (monitor calibration) or is it to match the offset printers?

Can anyone answer these or shed some light on the use of fierys?

Thanks in advance.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

nbannan
    1. Densitometer required: Depends upon machine & how good color profiling of scanner is.
    Canon=fine cal off glass, KM Pro=Use an ES1000 etc. Note: Spectrophotometer is always better than off glass.

2.& 3. Color matching is very subjective, even with Pantones. RGB=bigger color space than CMYK so matching monitors=dull the screen to the smaller space of the output device. This is usually disappointing at best, there is no substitute for time with a print engine & user experience. Spot-on can be used for named & Pantones as you can individually tweak them to improve results.
    Concept here is to create a "Named Library" and copy the color from the Pantone ones listed into the new category but be sure they reside higher in the list. This way you can edit the copy without affecting factory defaults. Also of note is not all Fiery's included "Spot On" editing of colors by default. i believe some Ricoh units had a fixed table meaning you had Pantone colors but no tweaking etc. Edit feature was an option. Varies by channel & Fiery model etc.