Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

mp 161L

Can anyone tell me if the MP161L Photo Conductor Unit (DMU25) is a complete unit that includes drum unit and dev unit. Or is it just the drum unit?

I am unable to find parts in the manual for the unit (gears have failed) and reading this thread it would appear the quick and easy solution is a replacement unit. The only pictures I can find are just a drum and not the complete unit (as drawn in the parts manual on Tessa).

161L.doc

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1013, 1013F, 1515, mp 161, mp 171 Charge roller (PCR)

Re: mp 161L

Quote Originally Posted by kevan750 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the MP161L Photo Conductor Unit (DMU25) is a complete unit that includes drum unit and dev unit. Or is it just the drum unit?

I am unable to find parts in the manual for the unit (gears have failed) and reading this thread it would appear the quick and easy solution is a replacement unit. The only pictures I can find are just a drum and not the complete unit (as drawn in the parts manual on Tessa).

161L.doc

Thanks in advance.

Kev
    Yes It's a complete unit. No individual parts available (at least at the Oem level). Part number (here in NA at least) is 411844.
    FYI the 1515MF and MP171 all use the same unit.

Re: Ricoh 1013, 1013F, 1515, mp 161, mp 171 Charge roller (PCR)

Brilliant,

Thank you sandmanmac

Quick too!

Appreciate it!

Regards

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by kevan750 View Post

161L.doc

Thanks in advance.

Kev
    Only katun sells a rebuild kit. OPC Drum Kit

OPC Drum
    Drum Cleaning Blade
    Charge Roller Wipe
    Developer Measuring Cup
    Rebuild Instructions
    No Gears

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1013, 1013F, 1515, mp 161, mp 171 Charge roller (PCR)

Quote Originally Posted by kaptec2011 View Post
    Only katun sells a rebuild kit. OPC Drum Kit

OPC Drum
    Drum Cleaning Blade
    Charge Roller Wipe
    Developer Measuring Cup
    Rebuild Instructions
    No Gears
    Not worth the trouble in my opinion. by the time you add in the cost of dev and your time, the new unit is a better option

I wont rebuild, have done that in the past found it to be a false economy. Thanks for the info though.

Regards

Kev

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You can still clean the surface of charge rollers if they have marks on them. The marks are usually just toner or paper dust, and they will come right off with a little warm water on a soft cloth applied with a light touch. I've never had that PCU apart before, so I don't know if there is a charge roller cleaning roller, but if there is that needs to be vacuumed off, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    You can still clean the surface of charge rollers if they have marks on them. The marks are usually just toner or paper dust, and they will come right off with a little warm water on a soft cloth applied with a light touch. I've never had that PCU apart before, so I don't know if there is a charge roller cleaning roller, but if there is that needs to be vacuumed off, too.

Hi, the charge roller has a "fabric/brush" cleaning roller. The problem is broken gears (no dev auger drive), its nearly done its life and replacing the unit is the only sensible option really!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Plain and simple dont muck around and replace the PCU instead of giving yourself or others work.

You are the tecky on this call and you take the PCU apart to CLEAN the charge roller to prolong the CQ and now the customer is happy you finish and leave. Its 2 weeks later app and i have had a busy day its 4pm and im hoping to be sent home, I get a call from office that the customer you were at 2 weeks ago has CQ issues.

I arrive at site to have a look and its the same problem you had, So now im stripping down the PCU to get to the charge roller and now im listening to the Customer bang on about how i am doing everything you did on the call, how sick she is of the machine, how you only left and the problem started etc. I now have to assure her that i will do my best to provide a good service and continue to clean and hoover out the excess toner which has spilt over due to a faulty charge roller. I finally finish after 45 mins and report to the Customer that i will have to return with a PCU to solve the problem. The customer then says she/he knew that was the problem all along why did you not bother ordering it etc, now i have to wait and will my copying be affected for long to which i must promise within the next few days to a week.
    I place the order and unfortunately you have used the last PCU on another call (F**K you anyway) so another must be ordered and could take a while. Its exactly a week and a day and the PCU is due in the following day So the Customer is now in a PI**Y humour and forgotten all about you and has it in for me because i did my job and was unlucky not to have the PCU in stock when needed. I have now been reported to my SM for promising her that i would have her machine perfect within a week to stop her ranting on about you and Calling in complaining....

So there is a Lesson, Do not cause yourself work or make work for others when you know it wont last. If it needs replacing soon.. Replace it sooner rather than later saving not only yourself but me the hassle

MASTERCHIEF

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Not worth the trouble in my opinion. by the time you add in the cost of dev and your time, the new unit is a better option
    I agree !