Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Ricoh 1013, 1013F, 1515, mp 161, mp 171 Charge roller (PCR)

I would like ask You, is there any chance to rebuilding Stella copiers PCU, of coz not OEM part, are welcome.
    I can use new OPC, cleaning blade, developer, but i have problem with PCR.
    I have some experience with regeneration of printer like HP, Samsung, Canon and few other brand.
    In Ricoh i make with succes full regeneration for Russian ver 1,2,3 model, but it was quite easy bcoz there are many format A3 machines....but in format A4 there is only stella copiers, but maybe i think wrong.
    Before i start new post, i check forum by searching for (Ricoh 1013) tags, but after 22 page i didn't find any post with this problem.

So question is:
    what PCR roller are compatibility to Stella PCU ?
    Best Regards

Mark

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Just replace the PCU as a unit. It's not worth it to try to rebuild them. Ricoh doesn't supply these parts. At least they're not in the parts manual.

E Winter
    I wouldn't bother with fefurbishing these unit as well but if I had to to it I'd just clean the charge roller with warm water and some handwashing or dishwashing soap.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    I wouldn't bother with fefurbishing these unit as well but if I had to to it I'd just clean the charge roller with warm water and some handwashing or dishwashing soap.
    Of coz this is idea, but only if pcr surface is not damaged. I open few pcu which make 45-50K and there was visible rings on pcr, so only solution in this case are new pcr.
    My present idea of solution is to find from another machine another manufacturer pcr which will be fitting for stella. Sample roller from small samsung ml-xxxx will be maybe fits, but one end of ends are too long, this ends has core of co from steel, so which tools give me best results in cutting of this ends without damage pcr surface?
    Best Regards

Mark

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    It's really very simple. PCU's for these machines last for 45k. When the machine did 45k copies, it will say "Replace Photoconductor Unit" in the display. When you replace the PCU, the machine will recognize the new PCU and the message will disappear. Why are you desperately trying to search for spare parts for these PCU's? Just replace the unit and it will work for another 45k.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    It's really very simple. PCU's for these machines last for 45k. When the machine did 45k copies, it will say "Replace Photoconductor Unit" in the display. When you replace the PCU, the machine will recognize the new PCU and the message will disappear. Why are you desperately trying to search for spare parts for these PCU's? Just replace the unit and it will work for another 45k.
    Eric 1968 -i dont know your skills, but maybe you didnt know too much about regeneration....? he he :-)

I have some stellas machine on copy contract, of coz i can install new pcu, and every one cost me in Poland ca. 100-125 $, but when i find alternative new parts to regeneration pcu (for now i have almost everything except pcr) i reduce this cost to ca 50%-60%,
    so Eric maybe You can throw this amount of money, but for me 50% saves of pcu cost is very much.
    Best Regards

Mark

E Winter
    Of coz this is idea, but only if pcr surface is not damaged. I open few pcu which make 45-50K and there was visible rings on pcr, so only solution in this case are new pcr.
    You can still try just cleaning the charger roller and see if it's going to last another PM cycle.

Clean PCR with isopropyl alcohol !
    sorry my writing I'm Italian !

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    You can still try just cleaning the charger roller and see if it's going to last another PM cycle.
    Even if it work for small amount of copy, this is not full solution which will be good for every PM. IN toner cartridge like HP, Canon, Samsung and other, when PCR have visible rings they give bad result also of OPC, of coz maybe sometimes i found PCR in good condition and cleaning with soap will be possible.
    I would like to go rather in find compatibilty of pcr from another popular format A4 machine, maybe someone has this experience?
    Best Regards

Mark

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I don't imagine too many of us have ever even really looked at rebuilding these, I know I don't. I understand wanting to save some money, but at what expense in time, effort and the rather likely reduced reliability of the PCU? There are some things that are just meant to be a one time use item, I believe this PCU is one of them.

If you aren't at least earning back the cost of the PCU over the 45k lifetime plus labour and other incidentals then perhaps the click charge is too low.