Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Jamming Sorter 790

I have a sorter790 with jams. SMC (101 - Shift sensor). The shift motor is working properly. When I put the sorter in free-run the exit motor at times stops. To test it i changed the exit motor but the symptom continues. In TESSA exists a suggestion to put a discharge on the sorter .... ?? doubt ?????....
    Does anyone have a suggestion more credible?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar
    i had encountered intermittent jamming in SR790 and I managed to fix it by replacing the shift motor. You might think that the shift motor is working properly but there is a delay in the process and is hard to notice.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    i had encountered intermittent jamming in SR790 and I managed to fix it by replacing the shift motor. You might think that the shift motor is working properly but there is a delay in the process and is hard to notice.
    ok. I will try to change i shift motor.
    But the function of the shift motor isnīt move the sheet? So why the sheet stops?
    Is it because it detects the engine stops and the process is interrupted?

i just wanna make a correction to my previous thread..its not the shift motor but the lower tray lift motor you have to replace. As I have noticed the lower tray of the finisher is not playing properly.And it seems it interrupts the process.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    i just wanna make a correction to my previous thread..its not the shift motor but the lower tray lift motor you have to replace. As I have noticed the lower tray of the finisher is not playing properly.And it seems it interrupts the process.
    I do not see what motor you are talking about.
    Can you give me the part-number so that I can identify it?
    Thanks

this is the part number of the lower tray lift motor:AX04 0238 DC Motor:Tray:Upper Lowerrive

That is the part I replaced when I encountered intermittent paper jamming in the finisher SR790.

Another suggestion maybe it will work.Try to check the timing belt in the drive mechanism of the finisher.Once the timing belt is too tight the trasport roller is hardly rotating..I had experienced that problem in the same finisher model.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    if the exit motor stops then it is a restriction... The assembly that has the two sponge rollers(exit) can can cause this... just take it apart and clean.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    well my friends.
    Seems like the engines of the finisher are very weak.
    My problem was in the shaft of the shift motor. One of the bushings were durty and make a little more friction.
    If i turned by hand that was not detected. But the motor stop because it was to much for it.

Ricoh has put a wrong motor in the sr790 made since april 2010...so you will have jams at R1 to R4 with no paper...
    Replacing the traymotor (up and down movement) with a new one is the solution.
    technicians are the only ones that don't trust technical stuff !

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PA5RR View Post
    Ricoh has put a wrong motor in the sr790 made since april 2010...so you will have jams at R1 to R4 with no paper...
    Replacing the traymotor (up and down movement) with a new one is the solution.
    My problem was when i make a colection or when i put the finisher on free run.
    When anything was out from the second tray of the finisher i had a overload.