Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP7500

Question MP7500

I have an MP7500 that I installed a print/scan from an other unit. Now everything works good, but I get a message "CANNOT INSTALL SOFTWARE THIS SOFTWARE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED TO ANOTHER MACHINE". Any ideals on how to get rid of this message will be appreciated. Thanks

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    MP7500

I'm not 100% sure on this, but i believe the print/scan kit is just to unlock features already installed on the machine. It can be used only once.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Along the lines of Jonezy999's comment, I believe the SD card is effectively married to the machine it is initially installed in. Once the controller sees the presence of the SD card it is altered with unique data and makes it useless in a different machine. Data may include serial and MAC address.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Along the lines of Jonezy999's comment, I believe the SD card is effectively married to the machine it is initially installed in. Once the controller sees the presence of the SD card it is altered with unique data and makes it useless in a different machine. Data may include serial and MAC address.
    That is correct. The SD card is married to the machine via MAC address and other information written from/to the NVRAM.

Recently we imported a few machines from US, and non of them had system SD card or Print\Scan card instaled. We took a system card and Print\Scan card from a machine already instaled on field, worked just fine without any massages or problems.

Thank you all for your replies, I acquired another print/scan SD card and all worked fine. So apparently bat is correct. What I found out was that the message the machine was giving was due the to some additional program that was installed on the print/scan SD card. And I would need the original SD card for that program to uninstall it to get rid of that message. I hope this help others, just in case you happen to see this.