Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aficio MP W2400

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio MP W2400

Aficio MP W2400

Got a Ricoh Aficio MP W2400. Machine refuses to print anything, internally, externally, test prints via crossover.

Original calls were for 1 HDD error (860 or 870) and multiple 305 SC codes.

Since then I've been back several times, spending numerous hours attempting various fixes/workarounds

I've since disabled the SP 2-804 corona cleaner check to work around the 305 code.
    Changed corona wires etc. related to that, still getting the error.

To my understanding the SC305 won't stop the copier from printing, I've spoken to a Ricoh rep. and they've suggested unplugging the feed roll from the board and plugging it back in, apparently there's some screwy issues with that.

I've tried replacing the MCU, MFP board and IPU, tried running the machine without the file format converter.

Have yet to upgrade firmware, will be doing that on my next trip as every time I've gone so far like clockwork I've forgotten my SD card for the firmware upgrade.

So to recap: machine won't print on anything except the bypass, roll feed paper doesn't do anything at all, error code 305 still pops up, replaced corona etc. and tested internal prints, external and crossover.

Any advice on what to do with the SC305 and the non printing issue would be appreciated, since I'm primarily a Sharp tech who gets the lovely opportunities to work on Ricoh machines once in a while.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    I assume you've tried running with the HDD unplugged?

I think you may have lost a 12v line. see attached as a first step.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Aficio MP W2400

So to recap: machine won't print on anything except the bypass, roll feed paper doesn't do anything at all, error code 305 still pops up, replaced corona etc. and tested internal prints, external and crossover.
    What happens, if you try the copy instead of the print funktions? does the mashine recognize the roll feeder at all?

At first i would investigate the harness between the roll feeder and the host mashine, if not correctly installed, it is possibe that the harness is trapped between some metal frames, resulting in pinched wires.

What about the harddisk? did you replace it already? if not, give it a try.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    The Roll Feed only has 24v and 5v inputs. Since the charge motor is suspect, it's probable that the 12v line is the cause. However, it could be a 5v line to the wire cleaner sensor (S31) causing the issue. If the machine was running properly before the problem with no disturbance it's more liklely, but not certain, to be a component failure rather than a trapped wire. Either way the tests I suggested should give you a much better idea of the cause... Good luck!

Aficio MP W2400

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    I assume you've tried running with the HDD unplugged?

I think you may have lost a 12v line. see attached as a first step.
    Thanks, I'll check the 12V line and the attached docs, see if that makes a difference. Don't currently have a 9V battery however I'll pick one up specifically for this.

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    What happens, if you try the copy instead of the print funktions? does the mashine recognize the roll feeder at all?

At first i would investigate the harness between the roll feeder and the host mashine, if not correctly installed, it is possibe that the harness is trapped between some metal frames, resulting in pinched wires.

What about the harddisk? did you replace it already? if not, give it a try.
    Forgot to mention the HDDs, I've tried a replacement 80gb and 160gb.

The paper roll is recognized as having paper still, but does not go beyond allowing the user to start a job and does nothing. I was advised by the Ricoh rep to try re-seating the connection for the paper roll feeder.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Aficio MP W2400

what about the harness? is it ok?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Aficio MP W2400

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    what about the harness? is it ok?
    Not sure about the harness. I'm presently about 90 minutes away from it physically, so I'll have to check next time I go, where I'll probably be hauling it out of there to look at in the shop, with more success.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I think your Ricoh Rep may be on to something for you. I have a 240W which is the earlier version of your machine and about twice a year the machine just stops printing, no error codes nothing. It just stops, but the machine can be run in bypass. Every time it happens the roll feed drawer is opened paper reloaded and it will work again for a while. Sometimes it takes several tries but no problems are found. I have traced it back to a faulty wire or the plug in connections at the roll feed drawer before the machine starts working again.

Aficio MP W2400

That was kind of what I was leaning towards, I'm currently awaiting a staple unit for one of their 5000s before I head back to the site, at this point I'm going to rip the machine out of the location and see what I can do in the shop.

Aficio MP W2400

Well as an update, I've since been to the machine and tried everything short of combing through every single wire looking for a faulty 5V line... I tried to upgrade the firmware but I can't access TSCweb from the customer's location and I was unaware that an SDHC card wouldn't work... So the last thing I can think to do is upgrade the firmware before I'm out of ideas.

Any further input would be extremely helpful, thanks.