Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    RICOH Aficio MP C3500 Error Code SC 548 and 549

Hello Every One,

i am facing a problem in ricoh aficio mp c3500 once i on the machine its appear sc 548 i am try to reset the machine but lcd also not working i cannot enter in service mode can any one give some solution and any idea

thanks
    naveed
    toshiba_estudio@yahoo.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    From what you describe seems that you have a problem with IOB

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    SC548 is a Fusing Unit Error : Fusing Unit Rotation Error.
    SC549 is also a Fusing Unit Error : Ferrite Roller Rotation Error

The machine doesn't detect rotation of the belt/ferrite roller. Belt rotation is monitored by a sensor. This sensor becomes dirty because the fan attached there is blowing dirt it it. Clean/replace the sensor (and also the Ferrite Roller sensor), and reset the error with SP5-810.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    SC548 is a Fusing Unit Error : Fusing Unit Rotation Error.
    SC549 is also a Fusing Unit Error : Ferrite Roller Rotation Error

The machine doesn't detect rotation of the belt/ferrite roller. Belt rotation is monitored by a sensor. This sensor becomes dirty because the fan attached there is blowing dirt it it. Clean/replace the sensor (and also the Ferrite Roller sensor), and reset the error with SP5-810.
    You are right Eric, these sensors are often dirty. But he also says that the LCD does not work ...
    The LCD connects to the IOB. These sensors you speak are also connected in the IOB?
    It is a matter of seeing the point-to-point and remove doubt.
    The two things do not work.. thats why i pointed to the IOB

tsdaz

SC548

SYMPTOM]
    SC548 (fusing unit rotation error) or SC549 (ferrite core rotation error) occurs while the fusing unit is warming up from a standby mode.
    Answer

CAUSE
    1) Engine firmware bug: A rotation detection error occurs while the fusing unit is rotating. 2) The fusing unit is tilted slightly when it is attached. This causes the encoders [A] to contact the detection sensors in the machine [B]. [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/darren.kaye/Application%20Data/PC%20Download%20Client/EU/web_resources/global-ricoh/img//G2/G0/G4/RB222067_image001.jpg[/IMG]
    SOLUTION
    For cause #1:
    Update the Engine firmware to the following version or later.
    VersionProgram No.Effective DateV1.64:01B2235117RJanuary 2010 productionNote: The accuracy of fusing rotation detection was improved. See RTB #RB222009 for more details. For cause #2:
    Replace the fusing unit encoder [A] and two sensors [B] on the machine side.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/darren.kaye/Application%20Data/PC%20Download%20Client/EU/web_resources/global-ricoh/img//G2/G0/G4/RB222067_image002.jpg[/IMG] [A]: B2234240 (ENCODER:SENSOR:TURN)
    [B]: AW020190 (PHOTOINTERRUPTOR)

Note: The shapes of the above parts were changed to improve the reliability of contact between the encoder and sensor.[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/darren.kaye/Application%20Data/PC%20Download%20Client/EU/web_resources/global-ricoh/img//G2/G0/G4/RB222067_image003.jpg[/IMG]

Technician
    first off all he needs to change the outter touch screen i have had a load of these going faulty ,they cost under a euro.then you can replace the sensors (to the left of the fuser as you look in from the side part no. gw020020) and reset the error

Technician
    BTW part no for touch screen b2239900

eamon

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but does anybody know the part # for the sensor on an MPc5000? I had one yesterday where the bracket was bent all out of sorts. I did my best to get it back in line, but the sensor is still wobbling and giving me intermittent SC548s.

I can't seem to get the hang of the 3D manuals and was unable to find it. I did luck upon the bracket when I did a search for "sensor", but I can't tell which (if any) of the sensors it showed me is the same as the one I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Technician
    I had the same problem. It was the ferite roller on fusing unit.

Technician
    Hi there,

the ferrite roller's plastic sort of bushing's at the end's get worn out. that can be a cause.
    the 2 sensor inside the machine can come loose from there bracket's.

you tried calabrating the touch screen or tried another touch screen from another machine.
    you can also try calabrating the touch screen on another machine