Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh 1055 Sc 126 error

We have replaced the polygon motor. The code still kept coming back because the scanner was slamming back to home position. I adjusted the pulley tension and it worked fine for one day until this morning same code Sc126 again. I was also to that the pulley set screw can be broken? Where is that set screw located in the pulley system? or is there another fix for this . please help thank you

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1055 Sc 126 error

There was a bulletin out a few years ago about the set screws breaking. There is a new stronger set screw. A293-1713. Scanner slamming can also be caused by the MBU board but the screws are the first check. Also I have had the mirrors chip as a result of he Scanner slamming, it gives a code but dont remember what it is.
    Replace all (3) of the screws. (2 on the drive shaft and 1 on the motor)

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    rgc_010.pdf

here's the bulletin that Jomama referred to.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by yannii33 View Post
    We have replaced the polygon motor. The code still kept coming back because the scanner was slamming back to home position. I adjusted the pulley tension and it worked fine for one day until this morning same code Sc126 again. I was also to that the pulley set screw can be broken? Where is that set screw located in the pulley system? or is there another fix for this . please help thank you

Ive had a big problem with this model. After 1500k the 2 screws begin to broke. I replaced them but after 200k they broke again and again. I solved the problem only after changed the 2 screws,2 pulley (front drive and rear drive) 2 ball bearing and the drive shaft because the scanner has a big speed and in all these, emerge clearance. also don't forget to check timing pulley and timing belt. Check up on the timing pulley not to be some dirt on it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 1055 Sc 126 error

sc124 scanner slamming home.pdf

The 700s were notorious for breaking the scanner screws, but the code was sc124, not sc126. I never saw it on a 1055, but since it was basically an updated stepchild of the 700 it probably uses the same parts.

It's usually pretty obvious when a scanner pulley screw breaks. The scanner assy will be crooked. The cause on the 700 was the scanner motor pcb. Ricoh came out with an updated pcb - if you peeled the part # sticker off it had the 850 pcb part # on it. Once we got the machines updated the problem went away. The 1055 I think would have the newer MCU pcb, but pcb's can go bad.

I just went to the local hardware store and bought some grade 3 hex head screws. I think they were M4, but you can just take one of the thinner machine screws with you to match it up.
    Last edited by techsass; 02-18-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: just learning how to attch files

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Was there a firmware upgrade as well?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1055 Sc 126 error

I dont think so but the latest and greatest is BICU E 0.17 Printer G .58

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    One more thing. Did you check the position of 1st scanner ? In replacement and adj. chapter, at scanner unit, you'll find the procedure to adjust the position with the positioning tools. Don't get over it. Check HP sensor too and clean it.

Technician
    i have changed the parts i 've been talking about with the follows part no. - hexagonal screw 3x6 A2931713, pulley-rear drive A2941758, pulley-front drive A2941757, drive shaft A2931711, ball bearing 08053368. Of course that scanner assy crooked when the screw breaks, but before this it gives you some trouble like a dark skin line at the very end of copy or error code.