Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar

SP8200 DN... UK maintenance kits, do they exist?

We have only a few of these machines however are having trouble with all of them with showing "pm due" when it is not needed and asking for maintenance kits A + B. Ricoh told us there is no such thing even though we have the user replacement instructions for the kits. reseting PM counter in service does not work and as the machine are used in high volume printing, in a large office. we are struggling to keep on top on what is due other then waiting for Cleaning web to "end life" or waiting for CQ to drop off.

Any one in uk having the same trouble with the machines and anyone outside of uk getting hold of these maintenance kits? If so why can't we

online I found the following EDP codes but Ricoh wont let us older them.
    402960 – Kit A
    402961 – Kit B

Also if we simply cant get hold of them, does anyone know how to disable the maintenance kit counter so we can just used the good old fashion PM counter?

Cheers
    Andrew

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Aye, the maintenance kits aren't available to us poor saps in the UK. Oddly enough, they are everywhere else in the world. With regard to switching the counters off, you can't. There is an SP mode to stop it shouting at @remote for the kits, but that's not much use!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I dont know if i understand your problem but you can desable the alarm in the @remote by turning 0 the SP 5-507-010 and 011.
    Also there is a firmware release (system) that fix the problem of incorrect calls to change the main kit A and B. Take a look in the tessa and you will see the posts and the firmware.
    I dont use the main kit A and B. I use the main kit for the MP4000. They chare the same compunents and it is much sheaper.

Technician
    My customers are paying per clicks so to disable the warnings I turn the meter charge on (sp 5-930 from 0 to 1).
    I do not have this on @ Remote so I am not sure if it will do it there as well but if it doesn't you can use Ricoco's sugestion.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    It's a matter of parts cost against labour cost / speed of service for the customer. If the units are available at a cost less than parts + Labour, it makes sense to use the units.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    It's a matter of parts cost against labour cost / speed of service for the customer. If the units are available at a cost less than parts + Labour, it makes sense to use the units.
    I totally agree with you. BUT!!!!
    How much is a Fusing Unit???
    Now, tell me if you allways need to change all parts of the Fuser... Mostly you change only the web (if at the end) when the Main Kit appears.
    How much is a Transfer Unit???
    You just need to change the blade and belt.
    See what i mean???

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricoco View Post
    I totally agree with you. BUT!!!!
    How much is a Fusing Unit???
    Now, tell me if you allways need to change all parts of the Fuser... Mostly you change only the web (if at the end) when the Main Kit appears.
    How much is a Transfer Unit???
    You just need to change the blade and belt.
    See what i mean???
    I'm told that on certain similar machines the extra cost is minimal, which is more than outweighed by the cost of attending certain customers in major cities (fuel, parking) let alone the cost of the time and inconvenience to the customer. For instance, I believe the Transfer unit is about £10 more than the belt / blade. Thats a couple of hours parking in London.

pissbull

Maintenance Kit B

Hi, I know these machines fairly well and if you want to clear maintenance kit B you need to change the fusing web and do the necessary sp mode changes you'd normally do changing a web. then do a pm count reset for the fuser and you're back in action

for maintenance kit A, this is just the PCD so a pm count reset for PCD will clear the error state.

When the model first came out there was a setting within general settings which allowed the printer to continue printing even in this error state but the option mysteriously dissapeared during one of the firmware upgrades