Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MarcusG

Ricoh 2015 in Field office, Printer offline. Help

I set this ricoh 2015 up in one of our field offices and everything was running great, Printed 90+ pages, 11X17. copied, beautiful. It's set up through a wireless router with a static route set for the copier, same ip address set in copier. same ip address set up in field office laptops. 5 days later, I get a call at home office that the copier is showing "Printer Offline" I have the local user open up web image monitor and it gives status as.
    Printer: Offline
    Scan: Ready
    Copy: Ready
    Fax: Ready

We've cycled power off/on the copier
    IP address is valid. (IE able to access web Image Monitor through IP address)
    Just fails to print. Trying to fix this remote with the project Superintendent on site. If neccisary i will be driving 6 hours each way to try and resolve this on site. Any help would be appreciated.

Still waiting on Internet to be set up on site so i can remote in and actually see the details of the problem.

hi

what router have they got there?
    also have you shared the driver on 1 laptop, or have you installed it on all laptops?

MarcusG
    It's a Linksys Wireless N router, forget the model number off the top of my head. Configured it myself and performed all test prints before i left. The Drivers are installed on each laptop and mapped to copier IP address accordingly.

What is throwing me for a loop is that the Web Image Monitor on the Copier is stating that the printer is offline.

are you using the RPCS driver?
    try re-installing the print driver, ive had issues similar to this and reinstalling the driver works...

MarcusG
    We're using the PCL 5e Drivers. Revision 3.1.0.0 Downloaded from the Ricoh Website. But i'll have him try it.

Could you probably have switched the printfunction offline with the button on the operating panel?????
    technicians are the only ones that don't trust technical stuff !

MarcusG
    Quote Originally Posted by PA5RR View Post
    Could you probably have switched the printfunction offline with the button on the operating panel?????
    Please explain this? Step by step i could walk my Pro Super on the job site through possibly? We're dealing with construction personnel so anything is possible.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    ping the IP with the copier disconnected. Has someone assigned the IP to another device?

MarcusG
    Different IP pools, and you wouldn't be able to access the Web Image Monitor which resides on the copier itself if the IP had been reassigned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2015 in Field office, Printer offline. Help

Push the online button on control panel under the printer button. If you can get into Web Monitor, the machine is communicating on the network.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?