Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Performing a memory clear to solve a paper jam... Always fun to hear a good joke!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    NASHUATEC DSM645(AFICIO 2045e) showing PAPER JAM at C,D & E

X2. The adhesive melts on the solenoid recoil pads causing them to stick. There is a sensor or two in that unit that could be your problem. Use input check to see which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Hang on - you did a memory all clear to sort a jamming problem? Oops. Take the scanner off, look at the interchange unit above the fuser and make sure the soleniods and junction gates are moving properly.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician 50+ Posts
    I agree with two on here, the interchange/exit section when you remove the scanner unit has solenoids with little "pads" and those pads get sticky. You can feel the gate stick slightly when you move them by hand above the fuser. They cause just enough of a timing delay to cause jams. It is actually very common on machines of an older age like that one. Also the Micro switches on the front right side of the machine are located behind a fan and they tend to go out as well. Normally you get false open door conditions associated with them, but that's where I would go next after removing all the pads on the exit section. I have had to do that on several machines in the field and nine times out of ten it fixed it. The "ten" time it was the actual solenoid that wasn't firing right causing the problem.