Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check the developer unit, underneath there is a Black mylar that if gets scratched allows the registration unit section to short to the development unit, this can in turn give you incorrect TD set up!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks all for your answere

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by florintoni View Post
    Sp 1-906-1 ???
    Could be main board but chanses are 5 %. Ricoh has other soft spots but not electical parts. Try to set TD sensor reference voltage manual at 3V (SP2-220) and leave the copier in this state. Don't try to make any TD initialisation at all. Forget it.
    See what happens. According to your copy quality may make little adjustment in this mode increasing or decreasing TD voltage till your copy quality became good.
    Also you can check what value shows TD sensor (2-223) when your copy is light and dark. If it shows any value other but 0 the electrical part is almost sure good.
    You said that toner is katun. like i said on this forum, ricoh copiers are very sensitive. Compatible consumable gives a lot of problems on these machines.(quality problems and error code) I've got some error code that even not exist in manual service. SC991 or 992-I can't remember well( software code). I' ve got rid of them only after changed drum, dev, toner with genuine ones. I hope you'll solve the problem. Let me know what you got.
    So SP 2-906-1 is 0.00 Error 342 how much should be?
    I will tray to set up SP2220 to 3.00 and to tray manual to adjust copy, how this afect to tonner density lower valu more toner or?
    SP2223 somthimes 0 somethimes not. I dont know what to say somthimes i can make TD sensor initalization only when developer is emty only litle toner inside then i got 2-906-1 value 12.00, but then is very lite copy a will tray to ajust with forced roner suplay a when i got good copy after that i cant make TD sensor initalisation, please if you can tell me how manual to set this values and explain how each of them afect toner dentisy

Regrads
    Miel

Re: Ricoh Aficio 551 SC-342

i feel what yo got but swap with another developer and watch