Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh Aficio 551 SC-342

Hi all

I replaced developer on Ricoh Aficio 551, and after that when i tray to do developer initalization i got error 342, i tray to replace TD sensor nothing hapened, agean i got sc342. Any sugestion, Also during initalization a got VT display around 1.5 after that i got SC, when i turn OF and ON machne error code is gone but then VT display in service menu is 0.00 also i got 0.00 in Vconf Manual seting too.

Any solutions please?

Regrads
    Mile

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    SC342: TD sensor adjustment error 2

During the TD sensor auto adjustment, the TD sensor output voltage (Vt) does
    not come in the target range (2.5 ± 0.1V) within 20 seconds.

Note:
    When this error occurs, the indication of SP2-906-1 is 0.00V.
    -Possible cause-

TD sensor defective

Poor connection between the TD sensor and the I/O board.

I/O board defective

Note:
    In this error condition, the toner supply is controlled using pixel count and Vsp/Vsg.

You might need to replace the TD sensor. I doubt it is the I/O board. If you replace it, then make sure that the toner supply setting is set back from oixel count.

Technician
    Before changing the developer did you got any trouble ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I dont notice nothing, I dont do TD sensor initalization before changing developer, i dont know

Thanks
    Mile

Technician
    could you make any copies ? How do they look like ? If your copy are bad, must be your developer. You said that before changing developer there weren't problems.. Mainly, if a problem occur, the reason is the last part you've changed or the last place where you have been (in your case -developer). You said that during initialization process Vt was 1.5. that means great value of toner.
    Step1.
    clean ID sensor and do auto process control 2-962
    step2.
    If you can't make copies, change toner supply mode in image pixel count in order to make one and see how good is.
    step3.
    If your copy has a lot of toner on it take out toner and make copies till they are pretty goood and make TD initialization again. take care of doing 2-801 not 2-963.
    step4.
    if copy quality is poor, take out dev. unit and put some toner in it and make a copy. if your copy became good do TD initialization too.
    Also try to see Vt display now and try to adjust Vref with 2-220

let me know what you've got

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Yes I can copy. Earlier copies were very faint. After that the service menu did change the amount of toner. There I put the value 200, a copy slowly became black and black. October was not until an hour before when the machine was filled with toner. Red light bulb shone no toner and developer unit was full. However no matter what point in trying to make TD sensor initiation I received an error. That is my main problem when I make a good copy, can not make the initiation of TD sensor. Tomorrow I plan to clean up the whole machine, and see whether I'll manage to make ID and sensor initiation TD sensor initiation, and then write what I do. If the cases again to get some error can you tell me if you know how to manually set a good copy, which values need to change or set.

Sincerely

Technician
    please tell me why you decided to change developer. which was the reason ? another thing. your new developer is genuine or compatible ? the same question about toner. also see 2-208 'toner supply mode'. when your TD works well, must change mode back in sensor control mode. anyway it is strange to get sc342 and your copy to be good. this lead me to think to an electrical issue, but this is the last thing i ever check. if your machine runs well before changing developer and after that you got error code, i will blame your new developer. waiting for new details

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I used Genuine Developer from Ricoh,and i use toner from Katun. I changed developer becouse it was too old and copy quality was bad, after that when i tray to to TD sensor initalization a got this error, i still have good copy, today a cleaned up machine well and after that nothing hapened age when i tray TD sensor initalisation i got error 342. I dont think that is developer problem i think that main bord is problem but i cant find another just to tray. Just to ask becouse when i got error SP 1906-1 becomes 0 how mach shoud it be?

Regrads
    Mile

Technician
    Sp 1-906-1 ???
    Could be main board but chanses are 5 %. Ricoh has other soft spots but not electical parts. Try to set TD sensor reference voltage manual at 3V (SP2-220) and leave the copier in this state. Don't try to make any TD initialisation at all. Forget it.
    See what happens. According to your copy quality may make little adjustment in this mode increasing or decreasing TD voltage till your copy quality became good.
    Also you can check what value shows TD sensor (2-223) when your copy is light and dark. If it shows any value other but 0 the electrical part is almost sure good.
    You said that toner is katun. like i said on this forum, ricoh copiers are very sensitive. Compatible consumable gives a lot of problems on these machines.(quality problems and error code) I've got some error code that even not exist in manual service. SC991 or 992-I can't remember well( software code). I' ve got rid of them only after changed drum, dev, toner with genuine ones. I hope you'll solve the problem. Let me know what you got.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Replace the developer use OEM toner and redo the TDC setup
    yuo only get one chance and if you screw it up you are toast
    reicohs are unforgiving on toner density calibration

if you don't understand it you will never get it
    oh yea
    clean the TDC semsor before replacing the Developer and starting over