Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    I would be lookin at transfer belt.

Technician
    Teebee1234: Your point of view that's fine. I still think the problem is in the PCU Y. The back of the Unit Charge is removed from the site and the tabs that engage the block are not well placed PCU thus no load on that part of the drum and this phenomenon appears. This usually occurs when the PCU is caught by the bottom and exit the site Charge Unit

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Missing yellow color mpc2500

Quote Originally Posted by Ramón View Post
    Teebee1234: Your point of view that's fine. I still think the problem is in the PCU Y. The back of the Unit Charge is removed from the site and the tabs that engage the block are not well placed PCU thus no load on that part of the drum and this phenomenon appears. This usually occurs when the PCU is caught by the bottom and exit the site Charge Unit
    It's really not a point of view but a fact. If you're saying the charge roller is not flush against the pcu on the end then the only outcome would be a solid toner band, not a blank area. Lack of charge using the Ricoh "write to black" process will result in toner being attracted to that higher (more positive) potential. The toner has a high negative charge and with no charge on the drum (or more positive as it relates to the toner charge) then that is where the toner will attract to.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The problem is not charge. if you remove charge you get solid toner.i'm afraid teebee is correct.Just remove charge roller and take a copy.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Im sure ive seen this before and im sure I took out the laser shutter. It was only the yellow that was affected.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Stop the machine during printing a full yellow page / large format and see if the toner image looks ok on the drum - in this case it would have nothing to do with the transfer unit. The laser shutter issue may be a reason as well as other possible problems within the PCU (improper contact of the charge roller...).
    support on this ways testing~~

Why not swap first the the drum portion of the yellow PCU unit with the other color to isolate the problem.

Broken cable bias terminal within the ITB unit causes issues with yellow transfer usually no yellow

I agree with Zeldman.
    First you must update the firmware for BICU and System/Copy!

I had same problem on this machine but with another colour - black and cyan.
    I had checked all components (PCU's, laser diodes, laser unit, transfer belt etc).
    Before replacing the BICU board I updated the firmware for it and... this solved problem!