Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tjetzer

Trouble with ScanRouter V2

Hello,

I am running an older scanner with ScanRouter V2 Lite. The scanner was working fine for a real long time, and now it is no longer working.

The scanner was working fine until we attempted to move ScanRouter to a different PC. When you turn the scanner on it attempts to update the address book and appears that it is able to make the connection. However the ScanRouter cannot see the scanner. If I click on "Browse" in Add I/O device it does see the scanner, however when I click OK to add it I get an error that the device is not responding.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm at a total loss here.

Thanks
    Todd

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    Nobody is perfect..

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Ensure there isn't a firewall blocking traffic. I don't recall specific ports that need to be open but a few searches should give you that information. Also when you say 'moved' you did a full reinstall on the new PC? Did you choose to run it in 'Service Mode' so that all the required services come up with windows and don't have to be started after boot-up?

tjetzer
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Ensure there isn't a firewall blocking traffic. I don't recall specific ports that need to be open but a few searches should give you that information. Also when you say 'moved' you did a full reinstall on the new PC? Did you choose to run it in 'Service Mode' so that all the required services come up with windows and don't have to be started after boot-up?
    It is a new install on a freshly built WinXP Machine. There are no firewalls present on the PC, including Windows Firewall. ScanRouter is setup in Service Mode.

Technician
    What does the machine say for delivery server IP address? (user tools, system settings, file transfer). Do you still have scanrouter set up on the other pc? If so, remove the I/O device in that computer to release it, then add it into the new pc. If not, you may have to set the IP address on the new pc to match what it says in the machine for delivery server IP address.

tjetzer
    Quote Originally Posted by chaunce54 View Post
    What does the machine say for delivery server IP address? (user tools, system settings, file transfer). Do you still have scanrouter set up on the other pc? If so, remove the I/O device in that computer to release it, then add it into the new pc. If not, you may have to set the IP address on the new pc to match what it says in the machine for delivery server IP address.
    The address of the delivery server is 192.168.1.10.

The I/O device was removed from the old PC.

I cannot add the device to the new PC. If I click browse it "sees" the device. When I click Add I get the device not responding error.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    The address of the delivery server is 192.168.1.10.

The I/O device was removed from the old PC.

I cannot add the device to the new PC. If I click browse it "sees" the device. When I click Add I get the device not responding error.
    The scanner is looking for the delivery server at IP address 192.168.1.10. Set the pc with scanrouter on it to a static IP address of 192.168.1.10, then try adding it.

tjetzer
    Quote Originally Posted by chaunce54 View Post
    The scanner is looking for the delivery server at IP address 192.168.1.10. Set the pc with scanrouter on it to a static IP address of 192.168.1.10, then try adding it.

This is the current config of the delivery server:

192.168.001.100 IP Address
    192.168.001.254 Gateway
    192.168.001.010 Access Control
    192.168.001.010 Delivery Server Address

The host PC's ip address is 192.168.1.10.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    This is the current config of the delivery server:

192.168.001.100 IP Address
    192.168.001.254 Gateway
    192.168.001.010 Access Control
    192.168.001.010 Delivery Server Address

The host PC's ip address is 192.168.1.10.
    Have you tried power cycling the scanner with the main power switch? If not, try that. Also, try typing in the IP address of the scanner directly when adding it instead of using browse. You may want to try removing the access control, that could be causing a communication problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    The ScanRouter V2 is a discontinued software that is not maintained since a while. Usually it should work with XP but I recall cases with related issues in combination with fully patched XP systems (=Service Pack 3 + all updates). We tried a lot, starting with the basics (deactivating XP integrated and third party security/firewall features stepwise), re-installing the ScanRouter software and misc. trial & error actions.