Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SPc 430

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

SPc 430

Hi all

We recently installed a few SPc 430 machines and within a week had a call for a dent on the leading edge and then paper jams from the same machine. On investigation, I found the the molding of the upper guide of the exit unit had a burr and an indent catching the paper. I made up a mylar to stick over this area, as flattening it of would not completely solve the problem.

The jams were caused by the Duplex guide, now attached to the inside of the front cover. The guide was lifting off its pivot causing the paper to jam and the front door was difficult to close. I compared this to another machine onsite and found that this machine had a bushing and a plastic clip holding the guide in place. Looking at the problem machine the pivot shaft is different. There was no bushing or clip holding the guide in place, there wasn't even a slot to attach the plastic clip to (this is was on both ends).
    I've searched the tech site and haven't found anything about mods regarding this?
    I've attached some pics to show the differences...

While I'm at it, we've also had a few of the bypass trays broken as they seem to be very flimsy.

Anyone know about any mods on these machines?
    Photo0033.jpg
    CheersPhoto0038.jpg

Technician

Re: SPc 430

Hi although an old thread , I've had complaints of toners running out although they have some left in bottle ?
    Also issue with Bypass not picking up paper roller looks good cleaned anyway , as you say no guidance on my RICOH , firmware up to date etc..
    Any anti fog spray appreciated ..