Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lloyd Davies

Ricoh Pro C720 - Weight Issue

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site - Registered this morning (17/3/11).

Not your average question, but here goes...

A client of mine is looking to implement a Ricoh Pro C720 on their 1st floor. The stairs are out of the question (too narrow). They do however have a lift large enough to take the width and depth. Problem is, the lift is only capable of taking a load of 400kg, whereas the weight of the C720 is 700kg. My question is, can the c720 be stripped down enough to met this weight limitation?

Thanks in advance.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I would think it could be stripped down enough, but would it be practical. That would be quite a bit of stripping down to basically only take half of the unit up at a time. Personally I wouldn't suggest it. My thoughts would be to remove the fuser, ITB, all PCUs and dev units, paper trays, ADF, toner hopper assembly and controller boxes at a minimum but I'm not sure that would even be enough.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C720 - Weight Issue

Zed255 is right it can be done this way,and It is a Bad Idea ! The machine is designed to be delivered in the crate, unboxed on site and removed from the pallet by forklift setup and not moved. Sounds like another bad sales idea........
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    For whatever it may be worth, I can't think of any production grade printer, such as the C720, that would be small enough or light enough to fit where they want it.

Perhaps it's time to look at leasing some new digs?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Have stripped and split hundreds of MP7001 size machines for difficult moves but I wouldn't even consider the colour boxes!