Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

add toner indication for magenta

guys, need help....!

I have MPC 2500 which shows add toner (magenta).When i checked the machine in the customer site, the toner bottle for magenta was empty..I thought that was the only reason why it shows add toner. I brought a new toner and put it in the machine then the machine showed loading toner.It took sometime to load and when it finished still add toner indication appears.

I cleaned the toner pipe and pump, no luck..exchange the pumps..still no luck...I also replaced the development unit still add toner appears..I checked the image belt unit and I saw a lot of magenta toner got into it..I am wondering why it was happening..It really breaks my head..!

It also showed SC 361

do you have any idea???please advise.....

Technician
    try this clean all ID sensors first then ,enter SP mode and select 3045 ,turn to non detect ,power m'c off and on.
    All four toner icons should now be at four bars...(assumes you have this switched on)
    run some copies to ensure CQ is ok.
    reenter 3045 and switch back to detect....GOOD LUCK!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    SC361 is a TD-sensor problem for magenta. Are you using original toner?

yes, we are using original toner because our company is an exclusive distributor of ricoh machines. I am wondering also why magenta toner get into the whole image belt..it seems like it is grounded or no bias..please help..

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Could be a loose charge roller. When there's no charge on the drum the whole drum is covered with toner, which is transferred to the belt.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    It means if you have a lot of magenta on the ITB then the toner supply is functioning so the problem is the TD sensor not detecting properly.Try checking and cleaning the connector. Read about the SP modes.
    Nobody is perfect..

i cleaned the id sensor and turned off the toner end detection.I checked the ground contact of pcu magenta and fixed it. Then I switched off and on the machine.The machine got ready and the toner indicator for all colors were full.I ran the machine and no magenta toner got into the whole image belt.I was able to perform the autocolor calibration and as I checked the test print, only black color appeared..No other colors were present in the page. I tried also the color registration and it was successful.Then I tried again the autocolor calibration to check the registration of all colors.Unfortunately,test printing failed and not able to perform the process.

I checked the Vt display of all colors and the range were above five points.

Any more ideas to suggest??

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    add toner indication for magenta

Sounds like the ITB is cammed away from the color pcu's. That would explain the lack of color on the printout but I'm not sure though how you can get a successful color registration if that's the case. I would inspect the ITB assy again and check the contact/release mechanism in it and also the contact motor in the rear. You might want to swap out the ITB unit for testing if you have another one available.

I was not able to get a successful autocolor calibration output.Black color only appeared on the test print.

After checking again the toner mechanism at the rear side and putting back all the connectors, the machine showed SC 672. We (I and senior technician) checked and connected the board and the connectors several times yet the error did not go. This machine gives us a lot of problem!!!!!

Could be this add toner and copy quality issues related to controller board problem??Do you think the controller board is malfunctioning that after several try it shows an error SC 672??

Please note that this machine is not used for several months and the customer location is near the sea.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Sounds like the ITB is cammed away from the color pcu's. That would explain the lack of color on the printout but I'm not sure though how you can get a successful color registration if that's the case. I would inspect the ITB assy again and check the contact/release mechanism in it and also the contact motor in the rear. You might want to swap out the ITB unit for testing if you have another one available.
    I'm with him.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.