Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

MP6001 Deveoper Issue...

I'm seeing a bunch of units with ~60k on them ultimately needing the developer changed due to light copy and heavy dusting, filling the gap in between the dev unit and PCU. Are others having nay issues with dev going the distance? I never really had any issues with previous models and dev life.

Nobody? Test, test... I this thing on?

I must be the only one.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've not personally seen anything like this fault on a Martini this new. Is it happening to all your Martini-C4's or just this one?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

It seems to be happening on a number of them, not just one. I have only gotten a couple up to the first PM, but they seem to need new dev way too soon after installation. Mind you, our units are pre-setup at the warehouse and not at the client's site, so I'm not the one performing the initialization. I'm curious to see as time passes how they work following the developer changes. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. I haven't had any issue prior to MP6001.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    haven't seen the problem on this model. had it on the 2051's. ended up being the sh***y compatible toner the boss insisted on buying. finally got them to order nothing but oem and the problem seems to have gone away.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    haven't seen the problem on this model. had it on the 2051's. ended up being the sh***y compatible toner the boss insisted on buying. finally got them to order nothing but oem and the problem seems to have gone away.
    Hmm... I'm now wondering if the dev has possibly not been set up right, just initialised in the normal way (2801) instead of the first-time fill up of the toner hopper.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician
    i agree w toner monkeh i have several 6001s, 8001s, and a 9001 that did this in the first 100k, but since then have run full pm cycles between calls.

I work for Ricoh direct, so there's no issue with non-OEM supplies or parts. I suspect there may be an issue related to initial set-up due to the rapid onset of the problem. Last one only made 58k and the dev was nuked. I have two that have been through a full PM and haven't shown any issue as yet, nor with any that have had the dev replaced with no other work aside from cleaning up the toner dusting.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP6001 Deveoper Issue...

Hmmm open the front door, power on , enter sp mode after close cover is displayed. Close door run sp 2801 1 time only!! This prevents process control from running at power up. The setup guy's always jack this up... toasts the dev.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

Re: MP6001 Deveoper Issue...

I have the same problem. only have 300K on the machine and the Developer has been changed twice already. last developer made 75K. was looking for answers myself