Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SC204 in MPC4000

Hello!
    I have a MPC4000 with SC204.
    Allready saw what it says in the manual. Allready change the poligon motor and board and the problem still there.
    After a will of tests the power supply broke up. Is there any relation???
    First of all i need to understand what realy means the SCode 204, can someone please explain.
    Thaks very much

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar
    [SYMPTOM]
    - SC202, SC203, or SC204 occurs, or
    - The LCD panel does not boot up (nothing is displayed, and only the Standby LED is lit)

Answer CAUSE
    Under certain temperature fluctuation cycles, the soldering on the polygon mirror motor cracks, breaking the circuit on the board.
    Note: The circuit breaks in the three areas circled in red below.

SOLUTION
    If the symptom occurs on machines produced before the cut-in serial numbers, replace the polygon mirror motor with the new part shown in the table.

Important:Make sure to check the serial number against the cut-in serial numbers listed below.

Note:This new motor has been modified to improve performance under specific temperature cycles.

Old parts numberNew parts numberDescriptionQ'tyIntPageIndexAX060318AX060396DC POLYGON MIRROR MOTOR:24W1X/O
    Cut-in serial numbers:

Model NameCodeSerial NumberProduct monthD027D027-17 From July 2010 RAI productionD027-19V1207200001 ∼D027-21V1207100001 ∼D027-27 D027-28 D027-29 D029D029-17 D029-19V1307100001 ∼D029-21V1307100005 ∼D029-27 D029-28 D029-29V1307110001 ∼
    Note: We will update above blank SN as soon as final SN is available on each local factory.
    Nobody is perfect..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Funny thing we had same problem last week. turned out to be separation arcing on transfer unit( broken housing the clip that holds it). don't know why it flagged up sc204 must be spiking something.. we insulated separation to test.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Funny thing we had same problem last week. turned out to be separation arcing on transfer unit( broken housing the clip that holds it). don't know why it flagged up sc204 must be spiking something.. we insulated separation to test.
    Hello jonw:
    Could you please give me more details of that???
    I say this because this happened after an employee changed the case of the transfer unit.
    I saw the transfer unit and i did not saw nothing unusual. but i think it probably is related.
    Please tell me what did you do. (if you can post any fotos it will be very good)
    Thank you so much
    Last edited by ricoco; 03-30-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi mate
    Check where the transfer unit clips in. it looks ok and seems to sit ok but when the side door is shut it must move by a couple mil and the separation grounds with the frame i guess. you can hear the ac current fizzing.Would check casing is sat properly which would give same effect..

Good luck
    Last edited by jonw; 03-31-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Hi mate
    Check where the transfer unit clips in. it looks ok and seems to sit ok but when the side door is shut it must move by a couple mil and the separation grounds with the frame i guess. you can hear the ac current fizzing.Would check casing is sat properly which would give same effect..

Good luck

Hello Jonw!!
    You are talking about the 2 clips on the back side of the transfer/separation Unit??

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    hi
    I found the clip that holds the front in place had become weak so when the side door was pushed shut it spung out of place ..this allowed the separaton comb to arc .

fitz5

Re: SC204 in MPC4000

I'm having sc204 on a large B/W MP7001. Very intermittent. Has new Polygon Mirror motor. Reseated all connectors in that area. Checked spring on rear of PCU. Replaced transfer belt. cleaned all transfer rollers on transfer assy. Any thoughts?

Technician

Re:SC204, Ive had this I replaced the polygon mirror assy with no effect, It turned out to be the earth (green & yellow) from the duplex assy to the machine frame was broken, its behind the panel that the duplex assy wiring loom goes towards the rear of the copier.
    So I would recommend checking its not broken or disconnected especially if any repairs have been done to the transfer roller or its casing as it may be shorting out.
    If the duplex assy has been removed for some reason the earth may not have been reconnected.
    My code was on a MP C3300 but its probably still relevant.
    Last edited by mac777; 01-23-2014 at 01:24 PM.

idar@kontor.as

Quote Originally Posted by fitz5 View Post
    I'm having sc204 on a large B/W MP7001. Very intermittent. Has new Polygon Mirror motor. Reseated all connectors in that area. Checked spring on rear of PCU. Replaced transfer belt. cleaned all transfer rollers on transfer assy. Any thoughts?
    Try replacing Polygon motor and IOB-board. Had a couple of SC202 @ MPC2800, new Polygon motor ain't enough for some reason. You need to change both at the same time.